Thread: "Access Denied" for copy pasting on Windows Mobile

"Access Denied" for copy pasting on Windows Mobile

I have bought a new intermec CN3e which has Windows Mobile 5 operating system. And i have a serious problem on this phone that i am not able to edit/copy/cut/delete any files/folder on the device. When i try to do the same then i am getting an error as "Access denied". Even if i am trying to create new folder then same error message appears.

Re: "Access Denied" for copy pasting on Windows Mobile

I think this is not something like feature in the windows mobile phone rather there would be something wrong at the starting stage itself. I do not have any idea about this error so i am just not able to catch the proper problem. I suggest you to restart your phone which means that remove all the cards and battery from your phone and keep it off for few minutes then assemble all the things and start your phone and try to do the same thing.

There could be some problem regarding an operating system of your mobile phone which you cannot solve from the phone neither you can solve it from the computer system by connecting your phone to computer system. All you can do is to reinstall an operating system on your phone and make sure that you have taken the backup of all the data before formatting your phone.

This kind of problems usually comes when you try to access the file which is currently in use. I would like to ask you that is there any program running on your phone which is using the file that you are trying to copy or paste or delete or move from your phone. So it is but obvious to get an error about Access Denied.

If you have installed any third party program on your computer system then it can cause this kind of problem. Actually there could be some program which might be securing your mobile phone or a particular profile on it. I do not know which program it could be. So if there are any third party softwares installed on your computer then please uninstall it.

Copy pasting is a common feature of any operating system so it is just not possible that windows operating system would not be having such feature in its mobile phone but there must be some virus on your phone which would be affecting your windows mobile's common features. I suggest you to install an anti virus software on your phone and scan your whole phone.