Thread: Iphone wont charge on Bose iDoc

Iphone wont charge on Bose iDoc

Hello there, I had a Iphone which I got updated to iPhone 3G recently but I am facing some problems with the new phone which I am using. The new iPhone 3G wont charge on Bose iDoc. The earlier iPhone got charged without any problems when it was connected to Bose iDoc. So does this mean the new iPhone is not faulty? Any suggestion/solution are more than welcome.

Re: Iphone wont charge on Bose iDoc

May be the iDoc is faulty. If the connecting port on the iDoc is faulty then the communication between the iPhone and the iDoc will not occur properly and hence it must not be charging. Therefore I would suggest that you get the iDock checked by some expert and see if it is faulty or not. If the idoc is faulty, then you will have to get it replaced to make it work properly with iPhone.

Are you using any extension cords for connecting the iPhone to the iDoc? If yes then it could be the reason behind the problem. I was also facing the same problem while connecting the iPhone to the iDoc using extensions. Later I found out that the problem was faced because of the faulty extension cord which I was using. Hence if you are using an extension cord, then change it and check if the phone gets charged or not.

Have you tried reseting the phone and then connecting it to the iDoc? Many times the phone gets stuck in a loop while executing certain operation. If such a situation occurs then some functions of the phone will not be executed. Therefore to bring the phone back to working state, you will have to reset the phone. Reset the phone and then check if you are able to charge the phone when connected to the iDoc.

As suggested, I resetted the phone and then connected it to the bose iDoc but still the phones are not getting charged when connected to the idoc. What can be the possible problem? Does this mean the iDoc is faulty or the new phone faulty? Please suggest some more troubleshooting procedure.

You are facing a incompatibility issue with the Bose iDoc and the iPhone 3G. Many devices which worked perfectly with iPhone will not work properly with iPhone 3G. The only solution which I can see is that you get a new Doc for the iPhone 3G which is compatible with the model. The latest model of Bose iDoc will work fine with iPhone 3G

Yes you are right, the Bose iDoc is not listed in the supported devices list of iPhone 3G and hence it is not charging. I got a new iDoc for the iPhone 3G model which is working properly with the phone. I got the new iDoc in replacement of the old iDoc which worked with previous model of the iPhone. Thanks a ton