Thread: Debranding Samsung Jet

Debranding Samsung Jet

I have recently bought a cool new Samsung Jet mobile phone. It has amazing features and it looks very well, but I don't like it's orange branding which is present all over the place. Most of the icons are like Orange icons and it lacks most of the widgets. I wanted to debranded it. I want to asked is there any risk involve in it or is it simple process. I can pay for good software. If it is available in cheap prize then please let me know. Please help me with Debranding Samsung Jet.

Re: Debranding Samsung Jet

First of all you should find out the firmware version of its mobile phones.
    This gives you # 1234 # in the keypad *.
    In one finds a combination of letters and numbers such as S8000XXIH1
    The Description of product after the S8000 (in this example as XX.) Is extremely important to know what they support. (Eg direct java installation etc.) If it the first time in this forum comes to, you should not miss the very first page first look here as: Samsung beginner links and index the instructions. Now a set of threads on other issues follows around the Samsung GT-S8000 Jet.

By Debrandenm is NOT the SIM lock removed, but you change the software version of its service provider to a manufacturer. Branding remove (debranding) including update to the latest firmware version. If your Samsung S8000 Jet Provider bought a case, is on your device, usually a modified (branded) software.
    This has the following effects:
    • Changed menu icons
    • Limited features
    • Slower Software

In the de-branding of all pictures, ringtones and settings you have made so far irrevocably deleted from the device. SMS and phone book entries are also deleted. Make device before shipment, so please back up in time. After this process you will get following effects:
    • Fixed images demonstrate the valuable memory
    • Many links to WAP pages of Provider
    • Predefined Start-/Endanimation of Provider
    • Fest occupied WAP button, which immediately leads to fee services

Debranding Samsung S8000 Jet and play your original manufacturer software on your phone. After the update, you have these advantages:
    • Original symbols
    • All functions fully
    • Faster Software
    • Clean Up Menus
    • More free space
    • Selectable or original Start-/
    • Original icon on the left softkey, this no longer leads to automatic dialing into the WAP portal
    • Directional buttons are freely programmable with shortcuts

I have debranded my S8000 (o2 startup screen had disturbed me). New firmware is: S8000XWIF6. Now I'm permanently blue G icon in the top status bar. At the O2 firmware is switched to this until I came data from the network load (blue G icon and when this data was red). Now, unfortunately, it is permanently available, even though I put the on Wifi. Has anyone with this firmware the same experience? Incurred expenses on the blue icon? And how can I disable it? Thank you for your answers in advance.