Thread: Samsung Monte outlook calendar sync

Samsung Monte outlook calendar sync

Previously I was using Nokia E51 mobile phone from last two years and I had everything synced with MS Outlook like calendar, contacts, etc. But now I have recently purchased a new Samsung Monte mobile phone. And I want to sync all contacts and calendar from the outlook to my new Samsung mobile phone but I dont know how to do that. I want to know how can I transfer calendar from outlook to my phone? Thanks

Re: Samsung Monte outlook calendar sync

You can try to download BitPim software to sync your Samsung Monte with Outlook. First connect your phone to your pc using a USB data cable. Open BitPim and go to Edit > Detect Phone. If this application is not able to detect your phone then check to ensure that BitPim can see the phone. Now choose Settings and Browse to check what is showing on the com ports. Incase your phone is not showing up then go to Start > Control Panel > Device Manager > Ports and check for any error. If there is any then you will have to install the proper drivers for our phone. After the phone gets detected in BitPim then go to Data > Get Phone Data. Choose the data that you want to import like for instance the phonebook. Go to File > Export > vCards and save the file to your desktop. Now try to open Outlook and go to File > Import and Export and choose Import a VCARD file (.vcf) and click next. Choose the previously saved BitPim file and Open. After that your contacts will be imported into Outlook.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Re: Samsung Monte outlook calendar sync

You can also download another tool called Kies from the official website of Samsung and follow the below method to sync all the contacts and calendar:
    1. Open the Samsung Kies software.
    2. Connect your device to your PC using the supplied USB cable.
    3. Your device should connect automatically and will show in the left panel of Kies.
    4. Click the Sync tab.
    5. Click the checkbox for Sync contacts with and choose Outlook.
    6. Click Sync to begin syncing your contacts to your device.

You can also find more information here - http://www.samsung.com/us/support/ho...03/7386/49573/

The best application that I use is Google Calendar Sync app. You should definitely use this software for its easy to use system. This application is very tiny and it will run on your Windows PC without any issues. You can use this software to synchronize the Outlook Calendar which google calendar as well. This way you will get all your appointments always on your mobile phone.