Thread: Can't access removable media on Windows XP

Can't access removable media on Windows XP

I therefore have a Maxtor One Touch 2 for more than two weeks. At first, I could use it without problems. It was directly recognized by windows xp sp2 home edition on my HP Pavilion laptop and my Sony Vaio but I still install the driver with the CD in case. I have a lot of data style music, videos, games. Then the day I speak for unexplained reasons he no longer recognized either by phone or by the tower that I connect via USB or Firewire. I tried reinstalling the drivers but nothing helped. Now I can't access removable media on Windows XP

What has happened? Is it a chip or something that would have blown (not yet I got the impression that overheated the last time he walked)? But still I hope that Maxtor is not signed an agreement with the MPAA to block their records if they ever put the data downloaded with P2P as the MP3 player for my brother.

Re: Can't access removable media on Windows XP

It is your windows that should take care of these virtual devices as seen through the USB layer, and you just do we have not spoken. There are millions of dll if it takes ten thousand labs have released a dozen devices, each with a dozen dll and it would still count each successive version of their software. Microzophien proverb: "If you touch the dll, you're going to hell!". So one watchword buy equipment known, followed and ask for updates online.

Same for me, overnight: Unable to recognize the drive - I have no desire to reformat. They are full of data! The drive appears in windows explorer though (and peripherals) but when I access Windows Message: "D: \ is not accessible. Incorrect Settings" or "D: \ is not accessible. The file or directory is corrupt and unreadable ". Does anyone have a solution for recovering data? Thank you!

Each and every problem has a purpose and it is resolved. Information for addicts, simply make a check disk on the drive concerned with the attribute / f.

For others,
    open the Start menu,
    In the run box then type "cmd".
    This takes you to DOS Prompt then type "chkdsk / f <drive letter>: " without the double quotes
    For example maxtor f is the drive, it gives chkdsk / ff:
    attribute / f to repair damaged clusters. ABOUT ...
    for my case, it worked and it is for now ...
    Another thing, remember to connect your player anyway However, it must be locked, but access is impossible,
    I hope it will work for you, because formatting GB for nothing, it took a bit of hate

You just have to download drivers for specific hardware which is not recognized. In your list, if you talk smart card is that you have a card reader accessory. It was his driver that he must find it. You speak of the disk, usually this poses no problem, but not USB cable flat disks, no driver is required. This error message if the disk is defective. Install the latest freeware version of Everest to get the final word on motherboard and BIOS version.

Do you ever go to a flash drive via the disk manager but not by the explorer, you just think the key is defective. I think you work in a computer store and the old people like you who understand nothing is it. Not without messing with it makes me an external hard drive, a USB key while And I take this opportunity to clarify my USB Bluetooth dongle works like it takes is a pure problem windows this thing! And I turn on Windows XP Pro SP3.

Use "Recover my files" to retrieve data very important in case? It worked. When I plug or unplug the USB cable I have the "clong" recognition, the Maxtor One Touch HDD appears in Device Manager but still with a red question mark on the office XP Pro and is unavailable. In the Manager there discs administration appears XP disk with 195 GB and is not allocated.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"