Thread: Radio and idle mode issues with Samsung Jet

Radio and idle mode issues with Samsung Jet

Please help in solving these small issues which I am facing with Samsung Jet mobile phone which I am using. Sometimes while listening to the radio on my phone, the sound suddenly fades out and then comes back again after a while. If the sound does not come back then I have restart the radio to get the sound back. Also I always use handsfree while using the phone, hence I want to know if there is anyway to lock the screen after answering the call as I end up calling someone else as the screen does not get locked after call is over. I am new to this phone and hence I am not aware of most of the functions of the phone, so if anybody here can help me in solving the Radio and idle mode issues with Samsung Jet then it would be really great. Any help regarding the topic are welcome.

Re: Radio and idle mode issues with Samsung Jet

The phone must be not receiving any radio signal and hence the sound is fading out. While travelling, if the phone does not receive any signal then the sound on the phone will disappear. Hence I will suggest that you check the performance of the phone while you are stationary and at a place where the signal strength is good and see if the same problem is faced or not.

According to me there is some hardware issue related to the problem which you are facing. Fading of the sound while listening radio indicates that the phone is not able to tune into the frequency properly due to which the fading is significant. Hence take the phone to the nearest authorized service center and get it checked thoroughly. Get the parts which are faulty replaced and then check if the sound fades while listening to radio or not.

I suspect some problem with the firmware of the phone. The earlier version of the firmware which was installed on the phone had some problems with its coding which was responsible for certain features of the phone not working. Hence try and get the firmware on the phone updated and see if the sound fading problem is solved or not. You can update the firmware by taking the phone to the samsung gallery or by using update firmware feature by connecting the phone to the Samsung PC studio. Once the firmware is updated, you will not face the same problem.

To put the phone back to lock mode after call is over, you will have to enable the Auto lock feature of the phone. To enable the Auto lock feature of the phone, go to the settings of the phone and go to phone settings. Select Touch Panel and then select Auto-Lock. Save the settings and then check if it helps.

Yes using the Auto lock touch panel really helped in solving the issue. Now after the call has ended the screen of the phone gets locked automatically. Also I updated the firmware of the phone which solved the sound fading problem in radio but now the phone is not getting detected on the computer.

Have you tried to reset the phone and then connecting it to the computer? Usually after firmware update, the device has to be restarted and then connected to the computer. Turn off the phone and remove the battery. Replace the battery and start the phone. Connect it to the computer and check if it detects.