Thread: Problems with Samsung Jet - PC Studio/firmware update

Problems with Samsung Jet - PC Studio/firmware update

I have a Samsung Jet mobile phone which is giving some problems lately. The phone is not able to connect to the computer when connected. The computer is not able to detect the phone when connected. I am not able to figure out, what is causing such problem and hence need your help. So if any of you is facing similar problems with Samsung Jet - PC Studio/firmware update then please suggest some solutions. Thanks in advance.

Re: Problems with Samsung Jet - PC Studio/firmware update

Check the cord which you are using to connect the phone to the computer. The cord which you are using to connect the phone to the computer must be faulty due to which the computer is not detecting the phone when connected. The USB cord has lines of conductors which get damaged due to improper storage or handling. Hence to change the cord and see if the phone is detected or not.

Sometimes the firmware of the phone gets stuck while executing certain commands. If such a situation occurs then the system will not be able to detect the phone. To bring back the phone to the working state, it has to be restarted. Hence switch off the phone and then remove the battery. Replace the battery and start the phone. See if the phone gets detected or not.

Thanks for replying to the post really fast. As suggested I restarted the phone and then connected the phone to the computer but still the same problem persisted. However the problem was solved after changing the connecting cord which I suppose was faulty but now whenever I try to update the firmware of the phone using Samsung PC studio, it gives an error message saying "failed to connect to the server. update cannot proceed". How do I solve this problem?

You are computer is not able to contact the remote update servers and hence you are not able to update the firmware. Wait for sometime and then try to update the firmware. If the firmware update does not work, then check the internet connectivity. It is possible that the internet connectivity is having some problems due to which update procedure is failing.

I tried to update the firmware of the phone after waiting for a day but still the same error is faced and hence I checked the internet connectivity of the computer. The internet connection is not having any problems. So is there any other way in which the firmware of the phone can be updated?

As you are not able to update the firmware of the phone by using the new PC studio, you can take the phone to the nearest samsung service center and then get the firmware updated. You will not face any problems in updating the firmware of the phone at the service center if the update is available.