Thread: Battery life of nokia N900

Battery life of nokia N900

With customary utilize I be able to promise You that N900 battery holds much longer than Your phone, It holds without difficulty 14-16 hours in heavy use. With reasonable utilize it holds two days. And you are able to carry spare battery with you. I was checked my email/browsing each 5 to 10mins, 99% my life interactions the complete depends on phone for the reason that I am forever in mobile. What will be the best option for me according to your suggestion.

Re: Battery life of nokia N900

It sounds similar to you are extremely demanding on the battery. I am interested to be familiar with what your current mobile apparatus is that be able to maintain up with your demanding requirements. The Nokia E71 know how to handle that utilize case completely no difficulty. It determines to last the complete day and perhaps half of the second day too. For illustration, on 3g using Nokia email with constant correlation, 8am -> midnight determine to lose regarding 30%-40% battery. With Edge, loose regarding 20% battery. I tranquil do not understand why Nokia might not squeeze in the similar battery but completed space to hold the sylus. I would be actually curious to be familiar with how the n900 compares with E71 with similar usage.

I am not certain he seemed to involve that 14 to 16 hours of serious utilize was not sufficient for you. So you required to be familiar with what his apparatus was in view of the fact that it seemed extraordinary. Wow the E71 gives you 14-16 hours of "heavy use" I truthfully am amazed. To me heavy utilize means browsing in excess of 3g and multi-media, and listening to internet music. Not presently checking your email once every hours or two.

Yes, the n900 be able to give you 14-16 hours "heavy utilize" 3G browsing, internet music, email. The E72 is hypothetical to be 15% superior and in addition longer battery for playing music. The screen is merely 2.4 inch though so it’s dangerous to do a comparison unless it involves limited screen (checking emails, music, IM online but not much chat etc).

I am Nokia fan, I was using communicator for numerous generations, subsequent to a at the same time as I jump into win mobile 3, maintain on hangs, threw it and tried HTC but extremely disappointed with the battery, I was changed to iphone 3g, in addition a similar difficulty, I threw it and replaced with e71, I am happy with that and thoughts to revolutionize N900, expectation this phone be able to make me happy.

At the similar time as this is fractional true, there's in addition the fact that in a LCD merely pixels with a color dissimilarity have electrical current running to them, anytime there is a true black color ( 0 0 0) on a TFT LCD there would in addition be no electrical current entering the Liquid Crystal layer everywhere there is black to realign the pixels and the additional True Black pixels per row the additional energy savings you observe. Though the power saving from that would be insignificant.

I have comprehend in more than a few places that the battery is drained additional quickly on 3G than on Wi-Fi, and more than a few people say they do not utilize the 3G so much for the reason that they use their home Wi-Fi, or free Wi-Fi hot spots. (If you be able to locate them. There are barely several where I live, everybody uses WPA). But what I might not get from several of the many messages regarding it is this: Is that battery drain from presently being connected to a 3G mobile network, or is that active utilize, sending and receiving lots of information.