Thread: Automatic key lock does not working nokia 5800

Automatic key lock does not working nokia 5800

For a number of times at present the auto key lock would not lock the screen and keys. The key lock push button on the side of the phone runs extremely well. I have tried what I might imagine of: put out of action and renewable auto key lock, restart phone (with auto key lock on and off). I utilize software version 21.0.025.246.06. I in recent times installed Nokia Maps 3.0 and Google Maps, but I am making a note of certain if the troubles began when I installed them, merely that I only became aware of the difficulty subsequent to the installation.

Re: Automatic key lock does not working nokia 5800

Is the v3 software not obtainable for you. These settings might be duplicate. Settings and Phone > Phone mgmt. > Security > Phone and SIM card and this item take priority in excess of the auto lock setting in Settings and Phone > Phone mgmt. > Auto. keyguard > Keypad auto lock interlude. Is not that phone lock one that locks your phone so that you encompass to enter a code to unlock it. It's not what I am subsequent to; I tranquil desire to unlock the keys with the key lock switch.

Yes there is version or description 3 software out, try updating via nsu or fota. V3 does not seem to be obtainable to me (I utilize the Swedish software). The Nsu give my present version or description as the most recent. I reinstalled it with nsu, but that did not help. I in addition uninstalled Google Maps (crashed whenever I connected using the cell network, so it's ineffective) and restarted the phone. Similar difficulty.

I have in addition had this difficulty, I have had the phone for 9 months and by no means had a difficulty until this week, whereby the phone determine to generally auto lock subsequent to the time I set it to, but at present it does not, it presently stays lit (even subsequent to the 60 seconds I have set for the backlight to be on) which kills a lot of the battery. I have freshly installed ovi (nokia app shop) and downloaded labrynth game, a strobe luminosity app, a ski jumping game, and midomi app (song search/recognizer similar to shizam on ipods the troubles seem to happen in view of the fact that downloading these apps.

What I did, unplug the battery to shut it off, eliminate the SDcard previous to turning it back on. Subsequent to I put back the SDcard, it determine to not unlock as well, let it stays for at the similar time as finish reading the memory card, it determine to run subsequent to that. Do not hard reset, mine has hard reset too numerous times that sometime the screen gone wire with merely lines of colors when unlocked, necessitate a lock then unlock a few times to get back the customary screen.

Previously supposed that a firmware update would solve the difficulty but I was merely half accurate. This was a at the same time as ago, but a few weeks subsequent to I updated my firmware I got a number of additional issues. If you encompass troubles and the firmware update does not work create certain to copy the entire significant information on your phone, suggested using PC suite, or write down on a paper. Then formulate a hard-reset, making your phone go back absolutely to factory settings, (no soft-reset).

Create certain to upgrade firmware subsequent to this to the most recent version or description, and this would do. If it does not do, hand in to Nokia or where you purchase the phone and elucidate the difficulty, but create certain to encompass the most recent firmware installed, if you do not they determine to presently upgrade and sent it back without checking it for the reason that they determine to be convinced the difficulty depended on this. It would presently spend your time.