Thread: 5800 xpressmusic touchscreen problem

5800 xpressmusic touchscreen problem

I was looking for a touchscreen phone with good battery life, easy access to the calendar (and sync with Outlook), a home screen Windows Mobile Standard (common functions such as appointment or stains, or Bluetooth wireless connections available, contacts, global search, ...). So I though that 5800 XpressMusic would be the best choice. After taking it, I started facing problem of touchscreen. Does anyone has similar issues..??

Re: 5800 xpressmusic touchscreen problem

The responses of Service and Nokia were still curious. Nokia, in any case must have known how to solve the problem ... since the version 50.0.005 the phone software, I just installed, makes it disappear. I got tired of triggering the camera to the light by covering the sensor with the fingers a few seconds before removing it quickly, just to find the features on my phone. So, install the V.50 and find serenity.

It is well with Nokia updater I got the V50. Since the V31, there was a V40. I think I read in forums that the updates do sometimes involve some serial numbers for the same model. To solve the malfunction of the display screen encountered by your mobile Nokia 5800 Xpress Music, I suggest you first perform a formatting your mobile. To do so, please enter the main screen of your Nokia code *#7370#, then your nokia you asked to enter a security code / lock code, corresponding either to the standard Nokia code 12345, or at a 5chiffres personal code that you defined.

To install the Nokia Software Updater, you must check first that your PC has the following configuration :
    • A PC with a Pentium-compatible processor 1 GHz (minimum).
    • 256 MB of available RAM (minimum).
    • Windows 2000 (SP4 or later) or Windows XP (SP1 or SP2).
    • A law administrator on the PC (which allows you to install).
    • An Internet connection.

There is an option "Disable sensors" in the phone, which then disables the light sensor. You can try that also.

Have you tried a soft reset? In the worst case, change the product code does not break the warranty, and you can still get the former if you want ... Try Menu / Settings / Phone / Touch Input / calibration and at the bottom "touch screen". Good luck Personally I was never even passed the first time I hear something, I think it must be a physical failure, because I used the versions of firmware from v20 to v40 today and never happened to me, so do not think it was the firmware.

I would say that this makes me four months I have Nokia 5800 and I also have this problem display screen, which is very annoying. It was actually like watching Canal + decoder free, we must act on the knob on the side of the device to turn the screen off and on again. Does it need to return the device or is there a solution "software" to fix the problem? I have this phone for 2 and 3 months as I have exactly the same problem as you, what I do is I press the button on the camera and removed the AC + channel effect more quickly than wait away type of AC alone.

The Nokia 5800 XpressMusic is a 3G phone + measuring 111 x 51.7 x 15.5 mm for a total weight with battery 109 grams. It features a 3.2 inch screen resolution 640 x 360 pixels (NHD), a first in the middle. It will also show as many as 16 million colors, leaving imagined beautiful images. For self is a 1320 mAh battery that will ensure autonomy of 9 hours of talk time GSM, 17 days standby, 35 hours music or 5 hours video. WiFi and Bluetooth 2.0 A2DP, Nokia 5800 XpressMusic is rather well equipped, especially since it has a real 3.5mm jack. It lacks nothing for most music lovers on the move.