Thread: Ovi map not working in 5800

Ovi map not working in 5800

When I go into Ovi maps on my Nokia 5530 it says do I desire to connect to internet so I hit it off yes and it makes a bleep and says to go online go to tools>go online so I do that and it says it again. How do I create it run. If you have some information related to the above topic you can reply your post here.

Re: Ovi map not working in 5800

First, create certain your internet connection is essentially running. Most excellent method to do this is to go to 'internet' -> 'web' and attach to the internet. Exit this by pressing on the red button (close call) in anticipation of you are on the frontage screen. You be supposed to tranquil be connected to the internet at this position. Then, enter your Ovi maps and try to utilize it. You be supposed to not receive a message telling you to go online for the reason that you are already online.

If you are tranquil getting errors, most excellent thing to do is to reinstall the app. OR endeavor google maps for mobile. I am having a couple of troubles in view of the fact that updating my firmware at the moment, had to reinstall fmtx faker which worked extremely well but OVI maps does not run at the entire to any further extent. When I choose it, it demonstrate the green bar going back and forth for regarding 5 seconds then it immediately shuts down back to my desktop.

I have one query. I recently download innovative Ovi maps 3.03 via software updates on my Nokia 5800. I uploaded maps to my phone via map up loader. When I go to offline approach and search address there is no consequence. It keeps saying me that there are no consequences in offline approach. So I uninstall Ovi maps, deleted uploaded maps to phone and install it the entire in excess of again (maps and Ovi maps) and the difficulty is tranquil there: yes but when I rummage approximately in online mode every address is found. But I noticed that in previous versions of Ovi maps (version 3) there was no difficulty when searching address in offline approach.

Have you updated you are N5800 to most recent firmware (v4.0) for the reason that this might be the difficulty as it was suggested to update to most recent firmware previous to installing the innovative Ovi maps. In addition when you uninstall Ovi maps from your phone, create certain you eliminate the "cities" folder on your memory card as this in addition holds info. Once you have re-installed Ovi maps and its maps onto your phone, work Nokia maps updater to observe if you might have outdated maps installed.

You might in addition desire to modify your settings to start in offline approach, so the phone is previously in offline approach when you search for addresses (menu: settings > internet > connection: Offline). I forgot to put in writing that you encompass updated software to v40! And I encompass set to offline approach and when I start Ovi maps t is previously in offline approach! Where be able to I get maps updater. For the reason that with Nokia maps up loader I deleted the entire maps on my phone and install innovative maps.

To download Nokia maps updater. It’s for Nokia 5530 and you encompass N5800, but for a number of reason there is not a connection for Nokia maps updater when you select N5800 as your phone on the left. Weird, but anyways download it and it be supposed to update your maps once you have installed it. So at present I uninstall OVI MAPS, I deleted the entire installed maps on my phone, I deleted map cities. So then I update Nokia maps in excess of software update on Nokia 5800. Then I upload maps. The difficulty is tranquil there. When I search offline I got admonition that there were no results in offline approach, in online approach every address is originated.