Thread: 6720 Modem Issues

6720 Modem Issues

I have recently purchased this last week from a local telstra store and I got some problem when using it as a modem plugged with my laptop. This is the procedure that I followed to do :

1- Installed Ovi
    2- Restarted the Laptop
    3- Restarted the phone
    4- Again started the Ovi
    5- Connected through the USB cable

Ovi can detect the phone and was aware about the proper model and when I Connected to the internet then it is not working anymore as it has selected the wrong carrier. I have done these things on both of my laptops - Vista and Windows7. And same problem is showing on both . Do you have any idea about this ????
    Last edited by Jake Tyler; 02-06-2010 at 02:09 PM.

Re: 6720 Modem Issues

Hey all,
    I am looking for some solution which is related to my internet configuration and implementing the phone as modem. can somebody suggest me the procedure or any advance way to connect with the internet (World Wide Web) with the help of Nokia 6720 and wanted to use that as a modem to telastra Australia when going to use a laptop computer instead of common desktop computer connection (As in emergency scenario ). I have looked at phone manual and got nothing that can be helpful for me to do .

Hello Frank, As you can get to see this from my experiences with the Nokia accessories and the method to go. At the end, I though that I can solve my issue with the help of applying some updates and I had downloaded the update to Ovi and finally, I got that it is no more supported .with the Telstra, then I moved for the Nokia Office Suite and the same result, I got also there. Not satisfied anywhere to go as it would not stay for any connectivity. Where as Nokia replied that this is the bandwidth problem .

In order, I just swap my SIM card again into my previously carried samsung phone that is going very well . There are three samsung phones and everyone of them have worked straight out of the box as modems. I wouldn't go for purchasing the Nokia and associated things for such scenario..

You are searching to get something in the manuals but you know, you can't find anything in the manual because the phone manual is unhelpful and reality is that the problem that you are getting is actuallt not related to the your Nokia phone. Before sometimes, I had this issue and was trying to find the solution for this error but sorted it out by manually inputting the configurations for internet connection. After all , I got something that can be helpful to solve this and I had done as follows : I started to copy the access point details from the mobile network access point in the phone into the manual settings section of the Ovi Suite Internet Connection.And problem didn't come-up again !!!!

I started to copy the access point details from the mobile network access point in the phone into the manual settings section of the Ovi Suite Internet Connection.And problem didn't come-up again
    I don't think, it can be possible according to the details that you have posted above , at least not for the Telstra network. Telstra facilitates me with entire manual connection details which allows me to connect properly . But the connection did not stayed up .The connection getting loose all the time. Vista, XP and Windows 7, any platform had the similar results .This is the Nokia issue - 3 computer are in the processing and all of them can't be incorrect.

If you are running with the connection of 100 computer then in that situation, all of them can be incorrect if the network contains some issues within itself . There is very common understanding should be made here that this is not the issue from Nokia side or a Network Problem. The network connection configurations does not proceeded from Nokia but from Telstra.Have you some other phone device which belongs to some other network ? If you have already then,You can try that for testing purpose and see the result with perfect manner . If the phone connection that you have newly created is staying with the connection or not,if holding the connection then that would be a Telstra issue. If it doesn't, then try to reinstall your program and check for the upgrades with the latest. Or better yet, PC Suite is more stable than Ovi Suite so try that..