Thread: HTC HERO with Hotmail

HTC HERO with Hotmail

I tried to configure hotmail on my new HTC Hero. I have not had any problems with Gmail but there is no way I take the Hotmail. From time to time I download the e-mails to Hotmail you want and every night at 00:00 I get a message: "This is an old news letter and has expired" and I delete all messages. In an N97 I have as I get my work phone Hotmail and Gmail without problems. Does there is some compatibility issues of HTC HERO with Hotmail.?? Any suggestions would be appreciable.!!

Re: HTC HERO with Hotmail

Although it is normal for us to use the terminals that come with operating system Android with Gmail mail client, for its excellent integration into the same, you may want to use other accounts from other providers. We use data Hotmail POP3 settings, which were cleared not long ago :
    1. On the menu go to Email.
    2. Pressing the MENU.Elegimos accounts.
    3. Press the MENU button.
    4. We choose Add Account.
    5. Introducing our e-mail from Hotmail.
    6. Enter the password.
    7. Select if you want it to be the default account or not.
    8. Select POP 3

The following are the Data entry POP server :
    • POP3 server: pop3.live.com
    • POP3 Secure Connection: No
    • POP3 Port: 995
    • Use SSL for POP3: Yes

I have it set to the Hero only if I delete the Hotmail server but if you want to keep your email address to appear as read when you go to see your mail on the pc I have no idea. To clear it follow the steps :
    • You enter the e-tray on your Hero, you give the menu button and enter where it says MORE / SETUP / SENDING-RECEIVING / and check the box marked "Delete mail from the server and ready".

Test to see if it works, it is assumed that if you read your mail on the hero and if you delete it you must delete the hotmail server and when you open your mail again on the pc and should not be seen.

If we consider that HTC Hero processor is equivalent in power to by the iPod Touch 2G, we need a 3G iPhone could run Flash content without problems. By Apple last thing we know is that the iPhone does not support Flash because they work too slow to be useful. What I call the attention of HTC is that Hero becomes the first phone on Android in supporting the Adobe Flash format natively. Which is very interesting because now the experience of using a smartphone of this type is enhanced considerably.

Another positive point is the keyboard with autocomplete, I find him better than the Iphone where the word is automatically inserted if only one we want on the HTC HERO ago proposals and no word AutoText. At the sound without the headphones, I can not find much difference with the iPhone and I would say even a little worse, but hey I do not think you buy this type of product to host a festival village good enough headphones. The interface HTC sense: on this last point I can say that we have found the long-awaited iPhone killer. We have widgets which have amazing quality, especially the default Twitter that I liked.

Check your email at your fingertips. With E-Mail, you can easily configure your email account directly on your phone. E-Mail contains settings for many popular providers such as Hotmail and AOL, the configuration of your mail account can be as simple as entering your email address and your password.
    1. If this is the first time you configure your mail account, press E-Mail on the Welcome screen. Otherwise, press HOME, then press the All Programs button (ie d. Button appears to the left of the Phone button below the screen), then press E-Mail.
    2. On the Choose an email provider, press Other (POP3/IMAP).
    3. Enter the e-mail address and password of your email account, then click Next.
    4. Enter the account name and your name, then press Finish the installation.