Thread: Dual monitor on Macbook with boot camp

Dual monitor on Macbook with boot camp

Please help me in setting up a dual monitor setup on Macbook pro. I have a Macbook Pro which has Mac OS X Snow leopard installed on it. Using the bootcamp utility I installed Windows XP on the Macbook Pro. Now I am trying to setup a Dual monitor configuration for the Macbook Pro but I am not able to. Whenever I connect the external monitor to the Macbook using a Mini-DVI to Video adapter, the external monitor does not gets detected and the screen of the Macbook also starts to flicker. I cannot understand what is causing such problem and hence need your help. So if anybody knows how to set up Dual monitor on Macbook with boot camp then please share the information. Thanks in advance.

Re: Dual monitor on Macbook with boot camp

I suspect that there is some problem with the Windows operating system which is installed on the computer. Operating system of the computer consists of lot of files. If any of the files of the system is missing or not working on the computer then the operating system is bound to give such errors. Therefore I would suggest that you remove Windows XP from the macbook and delete the bootcamp partition. Create the partition again and install Windows XP. Connect the external monitor and see if it gets detected.

It is possible that the Mini DVI to video adapter which you are using is faulty and hence the external monitor is not getting detected. Change the Mini DVI to video adapter cord and then connect the external monitor to the Macbook and see if it gets detected. Hopefully changing the converter cord will solve the problem.

By looking at the problem, it is clear that it is a driver related issue. Check if the graphics drivers which are installed on the system are up to date or not. Drivers work as the translator between the operating system and the device. Hence if the proper drivers are not installed, the system will give some problems. Therefore I will suggest that you check the version of the drivers and installed and get them updated.

Thanks for replying to the thread, as suggested I removed the version of the drivers installed on the computer and then reinstalled them from the Snow leopard installation disk. But still the same error is faced. The external monitor is not detected at on the computer. Am I missing something? What more can I do to make the external monitor get detected on the system?