Thread: 3 Finger Tap in an Unibody MBP

3 Finger Tap in an Unibody MBP

I am using MBP right now and i know that there is an option for tap to click which enables the finger tap function. There is a 1 finger tap for doing a single click and 2 finger tap for right click. And there is also a 4 finger tap to select an app in the application switcher. I would be glad to have a 3 finger tap, Does anybody have any idea about this?

Re: 3 Finger Tap in an Unibody MBP

Even i want to use the 3 tap finger on my macbook but i guess it is not possible to do so. Is there anybody who has enabled the 3 finger tap for middle click or some other function. I would waiting for replies. I have seen some of the people searching for the same function but i guess even they have not got any solutions yet.
    Thanks in advance.

I think there is nothing like a 3 finger tap in the mac but i guess it is possible to enable the 3 finger swipe.
    I have done 3-finger swipe on my mac which i use while using the Safari on it. Actually this function helps me to go Back or Forward without having to click those buttons while using safari.

I have been experimenting with the middle click from last two days and i have found that the functionality is limited up to some extent. Instead of doing it with so much of complications, It would be cool to at least get a better interface.
    I hope somebody will be using this functions and luckily will come across this thread.

You guys are really lucky as i have done the middleclick on my macbook with the helps of triple tapping. Actually you need to use a private api for your mac os x. You need to use macbook multitouch trackpad code and some middleclick code. I know that the middle click is very much useful for the Firefox users. MiddleClick should not interfere with the swipe gesture and you should not click the trackpad as it will send a click and middleclick at the same time.

I am using the version 4.0.249.0 and in this version, the 3-finger swipe left/right in the trackpad has been used for forward/back navigation. I suggest you to use 3 finger swipe up/down for Home or an End functioning just like Mozilla Firefox.
    You can even use this 3 finger swipe for opening links/bookmarks in another tab using the trackpad.