Thread: How to turn off unwanted processes in Mac

How to turn off unwanted processes in Mac

I have a macbook pro unibody and I feel that heats more than before. I think that this heat is because of the process that serves nothing. How can i Recognize the processes being used is not a necessary process and how to end this process. I have eye tv software and i use it only when I am abroad. Please help me in this regard...

Re: How to turn off unwanted processes in Mac

Just like your Login Items, you want to cruise-through your Applications folder and trash Anything You Do not Need or use any more. To be clear, this will not speed up your Mac, It Will aim reclaim hard drive space. Before you get to dragging and dropping unneeded applications to the trash, Though, it's a good idea to install a, well, uninstaller program. uninstall all the unwanted application. this should

it's a good idea to audit What programs start up Automatically When You log onto your Mac. In System Preferences, Accounts, click on the Login Items tab.From there, make sure each and every app listed is something you need and use. From There, make sure EACH and Every app listed IS something You Need and use. If it is not? Just select it and click the minus (-) sign. (Rule of thumb: Generally you want to keep things called "SomethingHelper" where Something is an app you use, like iTunes or Growl)

To recognize a process that serves no purpose is not obvious. In fact a process can not be used for anything for a while and then be useful.
    In fact we must consider:

a) the process of system mac
    b) The process utilities added (as is often the problem arises).

Strangely Apple still hasn't shipped a proper uninstaller with Mac OS X , but a few free and pay-for apps will clear out related files when you send an application to the Trash.

Drank a few "free and pay-for apps Will Clear Out When You Send related files to the Trash year application. While the irony of having to install something in order to uninstall something isn't lost on us, keep in mind.

Your Mac will be fine if an extra plist file gets left behind by an app you once used. While the irony of HAVING to install something in order to uninstall something isn't lost on us, keep in mind: your Mac Will Be Fine extra year if plist file gets left behind by year app you once used.

Now it's time to make sure your disks are in tip-top shape, and Luckily, you can do this Without "any extra software. Simply run Disk Utility (in Applications > Utilities) to verify and repair disk permissions it will determine what apps can do what with what files on your Mac and verify and repair the disk itself. Simply run Disk Utility to verify and repair disk permissions and verify and repair the disk itself. These operations take some time, and you can't do them while other applications are running, so set 'em in motion before you head out to lunch or to grab coffee.

To permanently remove a process system must be on what is done. You can stop the process after it has started (the simplest with a little script). See which processes are started at login (StartupItems) and remove the startup For system processes I do not see that changing the script that launch the process.