Thread: faster ipad recharging: with standard USB or power adapter?

faster ipad recharging: with standard USB or power adapter?

I am totally confused about charging of my apple ipad. I don't know if ipad charge faster over 10W power adapter or through standard usb charger. I have referred many websites but unfortunately didn't get more details over this issue. If you posses any opinion over this charging issue of apple ipad, then please don't hesitate to let me know that. I am waiting for your reply.

Re: faster ipad recharging: with standard USB or power adapter?

If you need to charge you apple ipad to full capacity as quickly as possible time, then the wall jack will be your best bet. According to my information most 12V car adapter and USB 10W output probably will not be different solutions for portable batteries there. Although in the latter case, if you have a laptop battery and charging rates would not be as critical.

I would like to suggest you to use the power adapter to charge your apple ipad instead of USB charger. Your ipad will get charged little bit faster than over the power adapter. I am also having the ipad and always using the power adapter to charge my apple ipad rather than using usb charger. I hope it will resolve all your confusion regarding the ipad charging.

Batteries of all ipad versions in this offer USB ports so that you have a separate power port for laptop that you connect with a cable that has particular ends. The USB ports all appear to be of the variety 5W. I think they could use port clarification with a USB tip to try to give you an option 10W USB, but it's perhaps more trouble than it's worth it if the USB port there is already alienated.

Another factor to consider beyond the recharge capacity. External batteries of ipad seem all need a special adapter while many small batteries can be recharged via the USB port. I noticed however that the time it takes to recharge the external battery power to attract a mini USB port are long - probably because of the limited power to be supplied on a USB or 5W 2.5W.

I am also in the favor of using power adapter rather than USB charger to charge the ipad. This is because the some of the USB ports as well as accessories doesn't convey enough power to charge iPad. When this happens the message telling "Not Charging" show in the status bar next to the battery icon. So I think it's better for you to use power adapter to charge your ipad.

The fastest way to charge your iPad is with the USB Power Adapter 10W. iPad will as well support, albeit more gradually when connected to a computer with a USB high power or an iPhone Power Adapter. When connected to a PC through standard USB port iPad will be charged, but only when it is on standby. If iPad is connected to a computer that is disabled or is in sleep or standby mode, the battery iPad will continue to flow.