Thread: iphone's Calendar and (complex) repeating appointments

iphone's Calendar and (complex) repeating appointments

I am an iPhone user. I am using Microsoft Windows Mobile / Exchange environment. I have not tried syncing iphone with my Outlook. Anyway, my question is how to deal with complex iphone ? I see it again handles simple (eg, daily, weekly, every two weeks, every month, every year). How should we deal with more complicated appointments? (It means second Saturday of the month?) Windows Mobile natively runs these appointment. And if the iPod touch does not handle it, I suppose that the current version of the iPhone does not handle it. Is it possible to make such an appointment in iCal? If so, or if you sync from Outlook, how do you get in sync iPhone / Touch? Is the timing appointment one day many? Please help me with iphone's Calendar and (complex) repeating appointments. Any idea if this is something Apple can fix in the next version 2.0?

Re: iphone's Calendar and (complex) repeating appointments

You can not create complex recurring events on the iPhone itself. As per my knowledge it is very difficult to do this. I think you have to use following steps to do this.
    You can certainly create complex events on the computer, then sync them (as I have some that are like that on my iPhone). It is very easy to do this. Just create calender entry in your computer and then synchronize it with your apple iphone.

In iCal, you can create a custom event to repeat on a specific day or one week of that month the second Saturday of the month. This would then synchronize with your iPhone. iCal makes it easy to keep track of your busy schedule. You can create as many separate calendars as you need — one for home, another for school, a third for work, and so on.

I think you can play with the timing of the iPhone before buying one, or wait for one of the third party calendar applications to produce (Pocket Informant said they plan to do one.)
    If you are using Windows Mobile for long time, then you will be very disappointed by the timing of the iPhone unless you want to schedule basic needs. I try to use the iPhone calendar, but often use my PDA instead of working simply because Windows Mobile offers a lot more options.

I know that in an "appropriate timing," you're used to set the end date of the appointment to repeat. I am not interested in when the term ends, I am concerned when it ends on the iPhone.
    Consider, for example, you set an appointment to repeat that this is the 2nd Saturday of the month. You say it happens for the next ten years. Since the iPhone does not support complex repeats, each instance of this appointment will be implemented as a single appointment. 20yrs * 12 months = 240.
    If you've done with Windows Mobile, it would be only one entry. So what I want to know is when you sync the iPhone with iCal or Outlook, it copies over 240 entries for one appointment? Or is there putting on the synchronization options to limit the extent to which copy appointment?

Why don't you use NemusSync application for your apple iphone. NemusSync is utility(Native App) for iPhone/iPod Touch which sychronizing application with Google OVER THE AIR. For now, support Calendar only. It has following features:
    * Sync Contacts with google
    * Sync Memo with google 1 of notes.
    * Recurring Event bi-directional sync for complex recurring evens.
    * Cleaning event of Unselected calendar.
    * Optimize for faster operations.

You have to use Todo+Cal+Sync application for your apple iphone. NEW in 2.1: Searchable todo and calendar lists (scroll to top to see search field), choice and order of views now configurable in preferences. NEW in 2.0: Built-in SyncML server allows direct phone-to-phone sync over Wi-Fi. Todo+Cal+Sync is an advanced todo and calendar management application specifically designed for the iPhone. Just swipe left+right to switch between todo, month, day and list views.