Thread: Snow leopard and Macbook = too hot temperature and loud fan noise

Snow leopard and Macbook = too hot temperature and loud fan noise

Hello
    Since I installed Snow Leopard, my MacBook (black) hot all the time and the fan (which filled out its Office) gets heated continuously. Is there something else to do but wait for an update. This is quiet troublesome because i have purchased the Macbook only four months back. Any help would be really appreciated.

Re: Snow leopard and Macbook = too hot temperature and loud fan noise

Well, I had this same problem and I deleted and reinstalled Leo without snow. I prefer a bit less perforation for security level. My iMac mounted @ 80 'with the power supply and 70' for the GPU diode i think that the this is the only solution to your problem. If you did not like to remove the snow leopard than i think you should update and check.

Check whether you have a program that is consuming the processor inadvertently causing the heat . Use the Activity Monitor and "check" the CPU. If you notice a lot of activity on the chart when there are no open programs change the listing to "All Processes" instead of "My Processes" and giving away the list based on% CPU use. If you put more processes percent first truly the one consuming more CPU first and then you will see the culprit.

Sounds like a common crook CPU cycles is "PrintJobManager." When you throw to print a page but do not have the printer connected and do not cancel the job the "PrintJobManager" keeps trying to print and consuming CPU all-splitting.

Although it can be for the process in Activity Monitor right thing would be to determine because the process is consuming so much and correct it. In the case of "PrintJobMonitor" would go to System Preferences (Leopard) and open the Print & Fax " panel and then open the queue that this "busy" and cancel the job you are trying to print.

I will recommend you to keep portable space below ( Macbook , Macbook Pro and Air ) for air to circulate. Our computers are designed to dissipate the heat through the fans, the keyboard and the bottom. Mainly for fans at the back. It is important to the computer over a flat surface and that nothing obstructs the air out the back.

Not if it is normal but one thing is for sure, with my MBP when I use aluminum with normal SL is better heated cold, but when I use windows XP with bootcamp in very hot and just browsing more or a program of management in DOS , no games that use a lot of the processor.

The fan might be making a loud noise not because of the snow leopard. But i think there is some wires which are messing up with the fan inside your macbook. Since your laptop is purchased within six months i think that it is till in the warranty period. So try to visit an apple store and ask the representatives to get your problem solved there.