Page 1 of 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Fix iTunes error 1015 after firmware upgrade on iPhone?

How to Fix iTunes error 1015 after firmware upgrade on iPhone?

Please help me in solving this error with my iPhone and iTunes. I updated the firmware on my iPhone 3G and thought it would make my phone faster but the I am not able to activate the phone after updating firmware. Also whenever I connect the phone to the computer, the iTunes does not detects the phone and gives error 1015. So is the problem with the iTunes or the iPhone? How to Fix iTunes error 1015 after firmware upgrade on iPhone? Please help.

Re: How to Fix iTunes error 1015 after firmware upgrade on iPhone?

The problem can be due to the version of iTunes which is installed on the computer. The proper working of the application depends on the proper working of the files which are related to it. If any of the file which is related to the application is not working properly, the application will not work properly. Hence remove iTunes from the computer and delete all the files/keychains which are related to it. Reinstall the iTunes and check if the iTunes is giving same error while connecting the phone.

By the description of the problem it seems like the phone is stuck in the Bootloop and hence it is not starting. The phone is stuck in the bootloop when the firmware is not able to communicate with the hardware properly. The only solution to bring the phone out of bootloop is to downgrade the firmware on the phone. Take the phone to the nearest apple gallery and get the firmware of the phone downgraded. If the phone is under warranty, it will be replaced for free.

Follow the steps below and see if it helps in solving the problem :-
    • Connect the phone to the computer, press and hold the home and power button on the iphone.
    • Keep the buttons pressed till the phone restarts. Release the power button when the phone shows apple logo.
    • Download the required tools from the attachment and keep in the downloads folder.
    • Start the terminal and type the following command "sudo cp ~/Downloads/Tools/libusb-0.1.4.dylib /usr/local/lib" and hit enter.
    • Now enter the required password and hit enter
    • Enter the following commands
      "~/Downloads/Tools/./iRecovery -s" hit enter
      "setenv auto-boot true"
      "saveenv"
    • After entering all the commands, press and hold the power and home button to boot the phone.
    • Once the Apple logo is visible, you can activate and sync the phone with the computer.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I followed all the steps which you have mentioned but I cannot activate the phone. Am I missing something? It gives such error "cp: /usr/local/lib: no such directory exists". How to solve this error? Is there something wrong with the libraries which I have downloaded? Please help.

Check if you are using the exact same code which I have mentioned. The downloads folder which I have mentioned is the folder in which the downloaded tools should be. If you have kept the downloaded tools in some other folder then put the name of the folder which is containing the tools and the code will work. Hope the post helps.

The folder in which the tools were downloaded had a different name and hence the command was not working. I changed the name of the folder and entered the command again in the terminal which worked perfectly. Now the firmware on the iPhone is degraded to the previous version and now the phone gets detected and synced with the computer without any problem.

How come the code doesn't work. is there anything i have to change. it involves in the usr/local/lib part. if u could help that would be great

All you need to do is to check out for the article iTunes error code from 1 & 1015. Click on the link and you will get the entire solution for fixing up the problem that you are facing. There is a comkplete tip provided for the same. You will be able to sort it well. Check out.

Did it worked great thank you

thank yo my friend

HI. I followed the instructions but after entering the second command, it says the "image could not be found". What seems to be the problem? Can youhelp me? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by memphis2147 View Post
    HI. I followed the instructions but after entering the second command, it says the "image could not be found". What seems to be the problem? Can youhelp me? Thanks
    I will show you some other steps to fix the itunes error 1015:
    • First, download “Error 1015 Fixer” from here.
    • The tool depends on LibUSB. So, please also download LibUSB and install it.
    • When you encounter the iTunes 1015 error, simply launch the tool and click “Fix my Error” button.
    • Then click “Done! Click to exit!”.

Hopefully, this will resolve your issue.

Hi,

I have managed to get my iphone back into the activation screen, but unable to use iTunes to upgrade to the latest firmware. Currently its on 4.1 (8B117) with a Modem Firmware of 06.15.00, please can some help on how i can keep upgrading the firmware without getting these 1015 error's, thanks

Andy

OK i have found the answer myself, currently you can't downgrade from baseband 6.15.00 to 05.15.04, wish i knew this before unlocking the iphone!!!

Just be warned if anyone is thinking of upgrading and jail breaking 4.2.1, the baseband is updated and Apple will know your handset is jailbroken!!!

Page 1 of 4 12 ... LastLast