Thread: Will Mac Book Air get faster with Mac OS X 10.6?

Will Mac Book Air get faster with Mac OS X 10.6?

I will be getting my new Mac Book Air in just two or three days the configuration is something like this 2 Gigabytes of process is around 1.6 Giga hertz and 160 gigabyte of hard disk. It will be having Mac OS X 10.5 but I want to know that it will better if I use Mac OS X 10.6 on my Mac Book Air. In short which will be faster Mac OS X 10.5 or Mac OS X 10.6.

Re: Will Mac Book Air get faster with Mac OS X 10.6?

Well the advantage I know for the original Mac Book Air owner will be saving nearly about 4 gigabytes of space through eliminating PPC files and providing the continued updates to Mac OS X. Because Mac OS X 10.5 no longer getting any improvements. One more thing it is really unfortunate that the original Mac Book Air is not taking advantages of Open CL.

According to me nearly all the owner are missing out 64 bit kernel, because Apple has decided that Mac Book Air owner do not require this. I have heard that Mac with 2 gigabyte of RAM is not able to take advantages as Macs with the 4 gigabytes of RAM. Personally I feel that I should have 64 bit kernel and according me it is not good from the apple side by not giving people a 64 bit experience.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I think you are not right on the node that 64 bit are good compared to 32 bit, because I think that it will true in the previous time when we are having machine that is not incapable of only 64 gigabyte of RAM. But it is not true for today on the recent hardware with Mac OSX, if you are looking for all the performance then you can exclude it scientific circumstances.

The recent Mac Book Air is only limited to 2 gigabytes of RAM, the according to me the advantages of the Mac OS X 10.6 with 64 bit kernel its ability to use more than 32 gigabyte of RAM, and the straight address space of 4 gigabyte of RAM for the application without the use of any Physical Address Extension. Hence there is no problem in running any 64 bit application.

I think that I must get what I have paid for. According to me a real transition to the 64 bit computing includes the kernel; I am not going to take in to consideration that the point is minor on my Mac Book Air. I have paid for the computer that is fully 64 bit able, but thing is that I am getting a real 64 bit experience on in Window, and I need the answer for that.