Thread: Unable to boot my iBook G4

Unable to boot my iBook G4

I have been using iBook G4 from five months. I am getting amazing features with this iBook G4. But when I tried to boot this iBook G4, I got problem with it. I am not not able to boo this iBook G4. I have tried various method to boot my iBook G4, but nothing was helpful. I am frustrated because of this issue. I wonder if you help me to sort out this iBook G4 issue. I will greatly appreciate your any help.

Re: Unable to boot my iBook G4

It seems that your apple iBook G4 might comprises some hardware issue and only because of that you are not able boot your iBook G4. I think its' very difficult to resolve this hardware issue of your iBook G4, so it's better for you to visit the nearest service center of your apple iBook G4. I hope it will resolve your issue.

I am also one of as getting same booting problem with my Book G4. I am totally confused about how to resolve this booting issue. I also referred many solutions but still not success in it. I also tried to use new installation CD, but it also wasn't helpful for me. If anyone posses proper solution, then please share it me.

I think there my be some problem in booting CD that you are using.So I suggest you to try with new installtion CD. It also happened that the CD driver of your iBook G4 is not working properly and because of that the installation CD doesn't get read. So you first need to resolve this CD driver issue.

If you are trying to boot your iBook G4 through USB and getting issue. Then I tell there must be some problem in USB port of your iBook G4. And because of this USB port problem then booting file doesn't get read from the USB device. If you want to resolve this issue easily then take help hardware engineer.

It appears that you have a corrupt system files on a hard drive that is disappearing. If you have another Mac, the best thing to do is start your iBook with the T key until you get a FireWire symbol rebound. Then connect a FireWire cable wired to the iBook, and the other end Mac began. This will mount your hard drive as an external FireWire drive on the desktop of others. From there, recover your important data and work in this list.

Please go through the following mentioned solutions:
    • Check the optical drive of your laptop to make sure that it is working properly.
    • Follows proper procedure for booting.
    • Contact the nearest iBook G4 service center.