Thread: Blocking Edge/3G on iPhone

Blocking Edge/3G on iPhone

I am using iPhone that is smart sufficient to auto right to use Internet from end to end either 3G, Wi-Fi, EDGE or GPRS. HoweverI want to holding an iPhone 3G in Malaysia like me and I am not a 3G consumer yet, I strength need to disable my auto connected GPRS connection owing to its expensive data rates. Please suggest. Thanks in advance.

When an internet service is loaded, data will be move routinely through GPRS whether you like it or not. Therefore, I have set up a trick to disable the access to GPRS network on my iPhone with just 5 easy steps.
    1. Tap Setting icon
    2. Hit General
    3. strike Network
    4. Tap Cellular Data Network
    5. Tap APN, Username and Password field

You need to Download the iphone configuration utilitiy, this is an offical, free Apple tool. After that create a fresh “Configuration Profile” and tick on the “Advanced Setting” to put the APN information for EDGE. After you contain done that export the profile, send it per mail to your iphone and install it. Check and found any issue. Please reply.

Our solution can disable the EDGE/3G, but it can to enable it for one more carrier extra than the one you bought the phone from. For instance, you purchased your AT&T iPhone, then unlocked it, and you are at the present using a T-Mobile SIM by a data plan. With our answer you can enable the T-Mobile EDGE/3G and access Internet. Please ask the list of supported carriers. If your carrier is not in this catalog, you can at rest make use of our solution but you will require to ask your carrier for some specific information.

You can also toggle EDGE on and off now make two profiles and save them in a folder in your mailbox. Just by select the right profile and install it you can enable and disable EDGE. I hope that help all of you using the iPhone without a flat rate for data. You can also remove the password from the Cellular data section to disable it if you are not want to edge or 3G.

There is also an easier option to disable IPhone GPRS, EDGE and 3G data charges
    1. First go to Setting
    2.Then go to General
    3.Go off to Network
    4.After that leave to Cellular Data Network
    5.Set off into APN, fill in fake Username and Password
    6.And restart Iphone

Re: Blocking Edge/3G on iPhone

You can call your moble network operator to disable GPRS/ EDGE /3G. Though this is case to case basic, some worker might refuse your request. You need to take note that you might not receive MMS, online any longer too. This can assist you save abundance of money especially when you go overseas because iphone still downloading data eg AGPS, weather info.. with no our awareness and you will tolerate the data roaming charges.