Thread: SMS tones in Winterboard from Cydia not working?

SMS tones in Winterboard from Cydia not working?

I have already tried may SMS tone from Cydia. I have enable in Winterboard but none of them worked when I receive SMS. I am able to hear the SMS tone I go to settings > Sound > New Text Message and select the SMS tone. But the problem is that it is not playing at the time when receive SMS. Can anybody answer me why SMS tones in Winterboard from Cydia are not working?

Re: SMS tones in Winterboard from Cydia not working?

I am also facing the similar problem, I have installed tones and then activated them in Winterboard, I still only able to here whatever sound I have select from the setting or the sound selection but it is not playing when it should play.
    I think that these would either override the setting or sounds or may add a selection at that place. I just want to get rid of this problem.

Before giving any related reply I just need to know how old it the Cydia application you are using. Because if you are using the application which is released after the firmware 3.0 they you can easily solve the problem. Apple has renamed the SMS thing to Messages may be because of this you are facing this problem.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

For your information these SMS tones are not the applications, they are just the sound files, hence I think it should not matter which operating system version it is.
    But still I do not get there must be a way through which I can at least here them, I am unable to figure out how to do this.
    I am also facing one more problem I have installed Call of Duty SMS tones and they are not playing in the sound settings.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I have got the solution for this, when you manual SSH, you require to rename your file to the same name as of the sms tone in the suitable folder. Hence I have figured out that the winterboard was just renaming the downloaded SMS to anyone o the six SMS tones. In short you just have to enable the SMS you need on Winterboard and then click the SMS tones that is in the setting > sounds, till you are able to here the tone which you have downloaded.

Well you do not need Winterboard for the purpose of ringtone or the message tones. There are many programs that will allow you to create the ring tones. You just require to search mp3 or M4R on google, you will be able to find a lot of programs. There are many ringtone packs that you can download from there.