Thread: Can the new MacBook Pro models support the 8GB ram?

Can the new MacBook Pro models support the 8GB ram?

I am planning on buying a new Macbook Pro and need some suggestions regarding the Macbook. I am an animation student and hence need Macbook for running animation applications which take up lot of memory space so Can the new MacBook Pro models support the 8GB ram? Any suggestions about the topic are more than welcome. Thanks in advance.

Re: Can the new MacBook Pro models support the 8GB ram?

Yes the new Macbooks will certainly support system RAM more than 8Gb. The new Mac operating system (Mac OS X) is a 64 bit operating system which supports more system RAM. The new variants of the Macbook are available with 2gb's of RAM which can be further upgraded upto 8gb. I would suggest you to buy the new Macbook pro 13' which has 2.66ghz processor and built in 4gb RAM.

There is actually no need of getting an 8gb Ram for the Macbook as not many applications take up more than 2gb of ram. Many graphics application which are available, take up maximum of 3gb of RAM. Hence the basic setup of the new Macbook pro will be enough to run any application without any problem.

Thanks for sharing information about the new Macbooks which are available. I want to get 8gb RAM for the Macbook, as I am planning on install parallel desktop application for running Windows application on the Macbook and hence I want to know which parallel desktop application to use? Any suggestions for the application are welcome.

Even if you run any virtual desktop software it will not consume more than 2gb's of RAM. You can use Vmware fusion on the macbook to use the Windows application on the macbook. Vmware fusion is very easily available and easy to operate. There are other applications available which can be used instead of Vmware but are somewhat complicated to use.

You will only require such a high RAM on the Macbook if you want to play high end graphics game using any parallel desktop applications. In such situation the Macbook will require more than 4gb's of RAM for providing smooth and lag free gaming experience. Hence invest in such a high capacity RAM if it is really needed.