Thread: Adding Fonts to the iPad

Adding Fonts to the iPad

I am not having much knowledge the font manager that works with an IPAD. I want to know that can I add Fonts to the iPad? I am personally very pleased with this latest version of Pages. Typing on the keyboard is very nice and regardless of whether landscape position, the space is smaller. But the main thing is that I want to know Keynote and its related features.!! So please provide the needful information. Thanks in Advance for the Help.

Re: Adding Fonts to the iPad

First you should know about the file formats by Keynote, which are listed as follows :
    • Keynote '09 for Mac
    • Microsoft PowerPoint - Office Open XML and Office 97 or later
    • PDF

Also installing an OpenSSH from Cydia would help you in adding the fonts to the iPad. All you have to do is copy the font you wish to add to the [/System/Library/Fonts/] folder. But the only thing is that font should needs to be ttf or tcc.

There are three ways to import your Keynote files for Mac and Microsoft PowerPoint in Keynote :
    • Send as an attachment to an email. Run a preview of the file, then press "Open ..." to open it in Keynote.
    • Download from the Web (including iWork.com Public Beta). Run a preview of the file, then press "Open ..." to open it in Keynote.
    • Transferring from a Mac or PC using iTunes file sharing. The Import button in the display gives access to the My Documents files transferred to the iPad.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

When you import a presentation that uses a transition or a composition not available in Keynote, it is replaced by the transition or composition Fade. During the import process, Keynote creates a copy of the imported document and preserve the original document. Once the import is complete, changes to transitions and compositions are suitable for review by the user. Printing is not currently available directly on the iPad. Keynote create media rich documents that can be shared digitally via email, on iWork.com, or sharing files on iTunes. Keynote also facilitates the creation of PDF files and Keynote '09. These documents can be printed from any computer that can open these files.

The iPad manages over 40 fonts and font families that can be used with applications for iWork iPad. When importing a presentation that uses a font not available on the iPad, iWork is trying to replace a policy not handled by a matching font. If a matching font is not found, the Helvetica font will be used. After the import process, the fonts have been replaced are listed so that the user reviews. The fonts available on the iPad include :
    • AppleGothic
    • Arial
    • Baskerville
    • Bodoni 72
    • Bradley Hand
    • Courier
    • Courier New
    • Georgia
    • Times New Roman
    • Trebuchet MS
    • Verdana