Thread: Iphone 3g stuck at Recovery Mode

Iphone 3g stuck at Recovery Mode

Hello,
    While I have not had a problem since 8 months with my iPhone 3G, on again tonight it displays the image USB connection with the message "Restoration needed! The Iphone can not make or receive calls. Perform a restore from iTunes. When I am trying to restore nothing is happening.!! Then I thought to do the recovery but that also didn't worked for me. I am posting here so that you can give some solutions for this issues...!!

Re: Iphone 3g stuck at Recovery Mode

The following steps would be useful for unlocking the restoration :
    1. Open iTunes
    2. Turn iPhone (it turns on the image USB connection with message recovery required)
    3. Connect the iPhone to the computer with the USB cable (it displays the above message claiming PinCode)
    4. Press simultaneously on the Power button and the Home button for about 6 seconds until the screen turns off by itself
    5. As soon as the screen turned off, wait one second and then release the Power button, by holding down the Home button (the screen should remain black)
    6. Continue to press the Home button for 10-15 seconds the screen should remain black, then you are in DFU mode Itunes and offers catering.

Hope that it helps. Good luck.

I steps that are mentioned below are recommended for restoring your Iphone 3g :
    1. Connect your iPhone to your computer and open iTunes
    2. First I suggest you back up your iPhone, making a right click> save its icon appears on the left under "Devices". If this is impossible because of your problem, skip this step or go ask on our forum.
    3. Turn on your iphone, no matter what state it is. If the problem is precisely that it does not light.
    4. Press the Power button (top) and the Home button (bottom) and hold them pressed
    5. When the screen turns off, immediately release the power button (above) but always keep the Home button (at bottom) button
    6. Wait until iTunes detects an iPhone in recovery mode
    7. You just have to press the "Restore" button, iTunes will restore your iPhone in its original state

hello, 3gs .. BlackRain ... um here is the solution not to restore. Recovery BlackRain simply when you're on the iTunes logo. After you can make a nice backup via itune (right click on your tel => Save). If you do not want to have this worry, once back up, you can start a restore, which you settled the 3.1.3. Itunes Then you propose to set up as new iphone, or from a backup, you choose the backup you've just made.

I was having the same problem and luckily I managed to resolve that. To restore a locked iPhone (iPhone does not restart and hangs on the apple), the handling is as follows :
    • Connect the iPhone a usb
    • Launch iTunes
    • Turn off (if necessary with power + home)
    • Press power button (top) and then keep pressing home a few seconds
    • Since the emergence of Apple releasing power and wait with home support
    • iTunes offers to restore

And now an iPhone that works! No more blocking! If the restoration fails, not with iTunes, try again by restarting the mac / pc, it worked for me!!!

Hello
    my iphone 3G is locked into dfu mode, When I connect it to Itunes it tells me it is in recovery mode (black screen), Then I make the restoration, the screen goes blank, and the error occurs each time 21. It is a jailbroken iphone to 3.1 I, a few weeks ago, the day before yesterday can not do anything except connect to Itunes detects it to me in recovery mode. Of course I tried the hard reboot, nothing works, it serves me just ironing on a black screen after that my screen turns white when I try a restore. I'm on mac with itunes 9, so I tried to perform the operation on PC without success. Does anyone has had a similar problem..??

hello,
    I think that your screen is black because you are in DFU to exit DFU mode, you must keep pressing home + power for some time (yes it's a bit long). I advise you to leave it in DFU mode and do a restaurant you choosing the same firm (I think it's SHIFT + click on restore for mac). Have you tried using iTunes to restore a customized version 3.1 with PwnageTool?? Hope that will help you.!!

i alraedy finishing restore.......but it dint work.... its says that my simcard dint supported

Have you tried pressing the home button and power at the same time. if this does not resolved the issue then try to put your iPhone off for a few hours and after the phone is off, then charge it for a few minutes, then simply connect it to the computer with the help of the iTunes. From there try to recover itafter this has been down there should be no problems even to recognize the older backup of itunes .

I tried to update my iPhone 4 to iOS 6 today and I keep on getting an error!
    It says:
    iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes.

I press ok. Then I hit the Restore button. Then it downloads iOS 6 but it will not work. It is still just stuck in Recovery Mode. What do I do??

Quote Originally Posted by mineary View Post
    I tried to update my iPhone 4 to iOS 6 today and I keep on getting an error!
    It says:
    iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes.

I press ok. Then I hit the Restore button. Then it downloads iOS 6 but it will not work. It is still just stuck in Recovery Mode. What do I do??
    First you need to disconnect your iPhone from the computer and after that hold the power and home key to reset it and then connectit back in and restore it. It will take some attempts before it will allow itunes to restore the iphone.