Thread: Language issue with chinese version of iPhone

Language issue with chinese version of iPhone

Hi There,

I recently bought a chinese cousin of iphone, it's called Sciphone i+++. After much difficulty I was able to activate airtel mobile office in this phone and am able to browse the web. However, a new challenge has come up. The language issue.... for some funny reason the language of the web pages is 'chinese'. No matter if you access, google, hotmail, or any other web page, all ocntent appears in chinese. My phones language is English, still unable to understand what to do with this.

Another issue, when I try to access sites like, rediff, gmail and even airtel main site; phone gives an error 'Insufficient Memory' ... now this is another issue, any suggestions.

Has any one faced this kinda issue .... It's an SOS call, can anyone help plz.

Regards,
    Shiv
    Last edited by shiv2133; 12-05-2010 at 09:27 PM.

Re: Language issue with chinese version of iPhone

Hi buddy, i tried lot to find out the solution for the said language but no results. The only i can suggest you is try to update the firmware of your Sciphone, if possible. And than try again.

And for the "Insufficient Memory" issue, make sure there is no unwanted applications running in the background when you open any another application.

Re: Language issue with chinese version of iPhone

Thanks labman, will try updating firmware (which again will have to see if it is available with someone). In any case will keep you posted on the results. Thnx