Thread: LCD problem on a Dell M1330

LCD problem on a Dell M1330

I am using a dell M1330 laptop installed with windows Vista with an LCD. yesterday on my laptop screen there appeared a vertical lines with different colours. please help me to get rid of this problem. I tried restarting but that went in vein and nothing appeared. I will be very thankful to you for any help pertaining to this matter.

Re: LCD problem on a Dell M1330

It seems as a arti-facting issue that means you are facing this problem because of an error with your video card so i would suggest you to get your video card checked with a hardware expert or if you are aware of the hardware then open you laptop and then just reinstall the graphic card once and check whether the problem is solved.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

This seems to be an error of type "display not supported". Have you tried to change the screen resolution in the display options of the PC, and refresh rate (in hertz) of the card. Display properties, settings, screen resolution and color depth. Then advanced button, screen, monitor frequency.

Try all the settings for size, then a few frequencies.

Check that the cables are plugged in, tested whether the menu buttons finctionnent,

and if your screen turns on and displays an image when you turn your pc is a problem of config in windows.

If this too does not resolves the issue then i would suggest you to rush to the vendor and ask him about this.

Given the failure, I'd say it comes from the cable, a weld entry in the monitor or worse, the input stage is death. For the PS, it's just that your monitor is not plug and play and then your graphics card can not know a priority the resolutions it supports. So if you change the cable it might resolve your problem.

Is there really nothing else to do. I want to clarify that when I connect with my PC and I turn, the screen is black but black screen on, it receives a signal. So it might be due to a loose connection so i would suggest you to rush to your nearest service center and then get your laptop repaired there this should definitely help you.

As far as i know, it smells like your cable has been broken, stoned and you need to solder (not too expensive to repair). At worst it is the entrance floor is dead (may be repairable but expensive). So the best possible solution to this problem is to get this to the dell service center and then get it repaired there your problem will be solved.