Thread: Downgrade Sony Ericsson Satio without debranding

Downgrade Sony Ericsson Satio without debranding

Hello people, I need some information on how to downgrade Sony Ericsson Satio without debranding. I had done the upgradation quite a long time ago. I have heard that while the downgrade is done the phone is many a times, debranded. I want to prevent the same and hence, I am seeking help here for the same. I want to downgrade because after the upgradation, I am not able to install components like HelloOX and many others. Downgrading will do the required installation. So, please help me in this situation with the required steps for the downgrade.

Re: Downgrade Sony Ericsson Satio without debranding

It will be better if you take your phone to the authorized service center for the purpose of downgrading Sony Ericsson Satio without debranding. This is because if you try to play with the settings of your phone by yourself, then you may cause problems to it.

Also, the people there will be knowing how to go about downgrading, as they are aware about all the settings of the phone.

So, better not play with your phone and take it to the authorized people.

To downgrade Sony Ericsson Satio without debranding, get the steps from the official site of Sony Ericsson. If the steps are not provided there, then you will have to ask the question on how to do this. They will respond to you will the answers. This is how they go about helping the customers. Hence, I like the service that they provide to their customers, thus keeping them satisfied.

There is a need to get SEUS to downgrade Sony Ericsson Satio without debranding. After you get the same, just follow the steps given below:
    • First, run SEUS from your device.
    • After that, in C:\Program Files\Sony Ericsson\Update Service\ you will have to delete the folder named db.
    • Then, the pack called SATIO DEBRANDING has to be downloaded. You will get it from the internet.
    • Here, you will be guided on the how to go about with the debranding.
    • Now, in C:\Program Files\Sony Ericsson\Update Service\db\13740270\blob_fs you will have to search for the file that is of almost of the size of 370 bytes.
    • The file has to be renamed and it has to be copied to the blob_fs folder.
    • Now, update your device with the help of the Update Service.
    • After restarting the phone, everything will be done for you. You phone has been successfully downgraded now.

Trojan123 has provided a great information on how to downgrade Sony Ericsson Satio without debranding. I hope that it will be helpful to many of the users of Sony Ericsson, especially Satio. I was searching for such steps because the people at the authorized service center are not aware of such things. It is also a waste of time. Well, the above steps have eradicated all these issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Trojan123 View Post
    There is a need to get SEUS to downgrade Sony Ericsson Satio without debranding. After you get the same, just follow the steps given below:
    • First, run SEUS from your device.
    • After that, in C:\Program Files\Sony Ericsson\Update Service\ you will have to delete the folder named db.
    • Then, the pack called SATIO DEBRANDING has to be downloaded. You will get it from the internet.
    • Here, you will be guided on the how to go about with the debranding.
    • Now, in C:\Program Files\Sony Ericsson\Update Service\db\13740270\blob_fs you will have to search for the file that is of almost of the size of 370 bytes.
    • The file has to be renamed and it has to be copied to the blob_fs folder.
    • Now, update your device with the help of the Update Service.
    • After restarting the phone, everything will be done for you. You phone has been successfully downgraded now.
    Hello again, thank you for providing me with the detained information on this downgrading stuff. I will try out the same and let you know if I am facing any problems. Thank you once again.