Thread: What is NOKIA FOTA?

What is NOKIA FOTA?

What is NOKIA FOTA? I have Nokia N95 with me. I am finding some functional problem with this mobile. I contacted the Nokia customer care number and they suggested me to upgrade my mobile with Nokia FOTA. So here is my question, what does that mean? Where can I find that? Can you provide me the link to get it?

Re: What is NOKIA FOTA?

Don't tear your head, FOTA stands for "Firmware Over The Air". It is just a firmware that you need to upgrade to fix any problems on you Nokia N95 mobile. You can get that from Nokia site. Just search it on Nokia's website.

Yes, FOTA is another word for "Firmware Over The Air". Basically it is just another name for your firmware that you have to update. The firmware is even call FOTA because you can update your firmware at any time at any place with the need for any cables. The firmware update is completely free from Nokia site that can occur over the air (i.e. at any place) without the cables or computer.

NOKIA FOTA is another name given to Nokia Firmware Update Over the Air which is commonly used by Nokia people which allows you to update your mobile firmware directly from the phone. This allows the users to avoid the headache of the operating system support or hardware requirements in order to upgrade your Nokia mobile firmware.

Nokia FOTA is nothing but the Nokia firmware that you have to download from the Nokia website and install on your Nokia mobile. Usually you may think of doing that by connecting your Nokia mobile with your computer via a cable. But this may bring some problems in front of you such as whether the firmware will support your operating system or do you require some driver to install firmware from the computer etc. Thus Nokia allows you to install the firmware directly from your mobile. All you need is internet setup to download the firmware from the Nokia website.

Thank you everyone for providing so much of information. I now got the enough information about Nokia FOTA. But now I have a small question. How can I update my mobile using this? What steps are involved in upgrading my Nokia N95 using this FOTA method? It would be great if you could suggest me some steps for the same.

Well the steps are quiet easy. All you need to do is first you must know what version of firmware you are currently running. For that, you can either go to Settings -> Phone -> Phone Management -> Device or you can directly type in "*#0000#" at the main screen. You will prompted with the current version information. You will then have the "Options" button at the right bottom, click on it and select "Check for updates". This will directly connect you to FOTA server and inform you if there is any firmware upgrade available. If you want to move further then accept by clicking on "Accept" button. This will install the firmware on your mobile phone automatically. Please note that you will be charged for this by your service provider (from whom you have taken the SIM card).