Thread: Power up laptop with lid closed

Power up laptop with lid closed

Hello. I have an Asus laptop (Windows XP) when he closed the lid off my wifi, then after 4-5 minutes goes into suspension. I don't want my laptop going to sleep mode and I want the power up when the lid of my laptop is closed. I want to do that continues to work with the lid closed ... thanks.

Re: Power up laptop with lid closed

Try to deactive the Hibernation mode. If the hibernation is not active, not left anything off monitor or stop or anything ... then the only thing left to think is to have a malware or trojan annoying. Then I strongly recommend you to scan your laptop with updated antivirus. And I am sure that it will remove some malware from your system. After that your system should work perfectly.

You should configure power management. The assumption of power management features in the kernel by simply activating the options in the kernel configuration. They are grouped under the menu "Power management options (ACPI, APM). Only the most interesting are listed below :
    • The option "Power Management support" to activate the standby functionality of the system disk. It is thus possible to safeguard the entire system on the swap system, and restart it and restore it .
    • Menu "ACPI Support" to activate the ACPI features. It provides access to the option "ACPI Support", which itself provides access to many different options for managing component ACPI.
    • Menu "CPU Frequency scaling" option gives access to the "CPU Frequency scaling". This option enables the management of energy-saving features of processors for laptops.

The ACPI supported by the kernel are exposed to the user through the virtual file systems / proc / and / sys /. The / proc / acpi / essentially contains a subdirectory for each component ACPI supported by the kernel. In each of these subdirectories, you will find files containing current information on these subsystems. The subdirectory / sys / power / you will in turn change the level of saving energy used by your computer. In particular, the state file will allow you to suspend or pause. To do this you must simply write the desired mode in this file with the echo command :
    echo-n mode> / sys / power / state

Whether you're using a desktop or a mobile computer, the way the work of the power button depends on the system hardware, system status, and system configuration :
    • If the aid of hardware doesn't sleep state, the use of computer in the dream state, and turn the computer power down completely.
    • If the computer has installed updates requiring a restart or installed programs that require a restart is the use of computer the dream state, and turning the energies of computer down completely.
    • If you or an administrator has reconfigured the power options on the computer and set the power button to the action closed, the use of computer in the dream state, and turning energy of computer down completely.

Hello, what I want to make is that with the notebook closed bring it back. Is to install in the car, take it in the trunk and from a button on the dashboard to bring it back. There are people who open it (I did with whom he had before) and solders wires to the power button and go, but this is new and did not want to guarantee the botched. So hoping that you guys would explain me about this.!!
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Look at energy options in the bios and see if you can turn through a keyboard or any USB device or similar. I do not recommend you put the laptop in the car, for two reasons :
    1. Vibration otherwise your hard disk may corrupt in a short time
    2. Excessive temperature will damage components if you use the notebook for a long time.