Thread: Booting USB on Acer Aspire 3003wlmi

Booting USB on Acer Aspire 3003wlmi

Hi All,

I am having the Acer Aspire 3003wlmi notebook. I have installed windows XP over this this notebook laptop. But I have some confusion about this acer notebook. I don't have any idea about how to enable the USB-Boot on my Acer Aspire 3003 wlmi. I have referred many websites but didn't get proper solution over this issue. I also want to know if there is any tool available to edit BIOS of my acer notebook. I am waiting for your reply.

Re: Booting USB on Acer Aspire 3003wlmi

Having a bootable USB is extremely important, particularly if you are a Netbook user. Using bootable USB to install an OS not only makes the installation quicker, but also saves a DVD. Creating USB drive to install Windows OS is incredibly simple if you follow proper steps. SO you need to follow proper instruction order while doing booting though USB.

I am also want to enable the USB boot over my laptop. I also gone through various method but nothing was helpful. I am totally frustrated because of this issue. One of my friend told me that it is not possible to do the USB booting on Acer notebook. But I am not agree with this statement. Do you posses any proper suggestions over this?

To do the booting through USB for that, first you need to assign first boot device to 'USB'. After theses USB device setting as the first boot device, then your system will check it for boot information every time system starts. The easy method to find out if a flash drive hard drive is bootable is to plug it in and then follow the instructions.

Most recent notebook firmware offers booting from a USB drive, that allowing the launch of an OS which is from a bootable USB drive. Such a configuration is referred as a Live USB. While a Live USB could be used for general-purpose application, size and memory wear create them poor choices compared to alternative. They are further appropriate to special function or temporary tasks.

On some of the bootable devices, you may be driven with a msg to press a key before the PC will boot to USB device. If you do nothing, your pc will check for boot information on the next boot device in the list in. Mainly when trying to boot to a USB device there is no key-press message prompt. The boot process typically starts instantly.

The one of the cause a bootable flash drive doesn’t boot is because BIOS is not appropriately configured to check USB port first. So I suggest you to in the way to enable the USB boot, for that you need to configure the BIOS setting for USB booting. According to my knowledge the BIOS on some motherboards only test the first few USB ports.