Thread: Dell Latitude C400 CMOS Battery replacement

Dell Latitude C400 CMOS Battery replacement

Hi all,

I have dell Latitude C400 Laptop. Yesterday i found that the date and time is not changed after the system start up. I think there is some CMOS issue because CMOS is updated the Date and time , when the Laptop shut down. I want to know that how to replace the battery CMOS. Please suggest. Thanks in advance.

You need to turn off the laptop and then remove thelaptop chassis, and then find the location of the battery. Next is to carefully remove the battery to, because the battery on the motherboard of each seat is different, so the method is to remove the battery there are many, there are three more common, external button to remove the battery to the battery holder just press down button next to, and then the battery out of launch. Check and reply.

I have complete replacement. Save time and money, has also been the experience.I talk to the original BIOS battery asked where they answer me, I try to change themselves, if not do so, and then ask him to change, and then own , first open the fan behind the board, then the fan to remove the battery on the radiator, put the heat sink to open, replaced the battery, it is simple to complete.

Dell laptops can contain extra internal battery to power clock, CMOS, resume and sub-battery functions. Types vary from Lithium coin cells to Nickel Cadmium (NiCd) and Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMh) packs. These can be soldered straight to the system board (or sub-card) or attached using a wire harness and sub-minature connector. Locations of these devices vary from model to model but, in most cases, these devices are found under the keyboard. All the best.

Re: Dell Latitude C400 CMOS Battery replacement

Generally the life of cmos battery is but 5 years. you need to open the keypad can see the cmos battery, and replaced both the direct pull down. Nothing to do with the BIOS password. You need to use extreme caution when removing the keyboard on any laptop because keyboard assemblies are connected to the system board by flat "ribbon" cables. Check and reply.

Your notebook should be reserved to the CMOS battery screw hole, that does not undermine the Seals, does not destroy the premise of quality assurance can take a screw, you use the appropriate screwdriver, will take the appropriate screw down, you can remove a small cover, take out the old battery and put new on it. Do not be affixed to screw-Seals took it down, it will destroy the seals, leading to failure of your warranty. If the warranty period, you can change the battery aftermarket well.

You can change themselves, but I can not quite understand your CMOS battery in this specific location of the machine, so I suggest you please help professionals, such as vendors or service center who specializes in notebook repair. The size depends on individual, and not necessarily the same laptop.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's