Thread: How to partition Thinkpad T30 and install Windows XP Pro?

How to partition Thinkpad T30 and install Windows XP Pro?

Hello there, I have an IBM Thinkpad T30 which is installed with Windows Vista operating system. The laptop is giving some problems while working and hence I want to install Windows Xp on the thinkpad. Therefore I want How to partition Thinkpad T30 and install Windows XP Pro on it. Any suggestions/solutions are more than welcome.

Re: How to partition Thinkpad T30 and install Windows XP Pro?

As you want to install the Windows Xp on the laptop, insert the installation disk of Windows operating system and boot the system from the installation disk. Select install a fresh copy of Windows installation option and let the procedure complete. Before starting the installation process, take back up of the necessary data as you have to format the drive.

Hey thanks for replying to the post. As suggested I inserted the Windows installation disk on the computer and tried to boot the system from the installation disk but the system did not boot from the disk. Instead it gave a disk boot failure error message. Why am I getting this error? Is there any other procedure to install Windows XP on Windows Vista laptop? Please help.

The boot disk failure message indicates that the installation disk which you are using is faulty due to which the system is not booting from the installation disk. Try using some other installation disk to install the operating system and see if the same error is encountered. Changing the installation disk will solve the problem hopefully.

Have you disabled the Native sata support of the hard drive? If not then it could be the reason why you are not able to boot the system from the installation disk. Inorder to boot the system from the installation disk, you will have to disable the Native Sata support or the hard drive. While booting the system, press the F10 button to go BIOS setup and go to Advanced Peripherals section. Disable the Native Sata support and save the settings. Reboot the system and boot the system from the installation disk.

Yes the problem was solved after disabling the native sata support of the HDD from the BIOS. After disabling the native sata support, I was able to install Windows XP operating system on the computer without any problems. The information provided was really very helpful. Thanks in advance.