Thread: Satio Firmware install from scratch

Satio Firmware install from scratch

Hi , I am sure that you all can help. I have a Satio that is working with vodafone software , sony software update would not get rid of it. I have the phone on O2 but this software does not compatible for it and it messing up so many things i.e. Internet, it would not send messages every so often.

I would like to install the original firmware from Sony, could anyone have any suggestion regarding this ?

In such type of situation , you need to go for another way. In case of the original firmware installation, you have to choose the Debranding Satio and that can be more helpful for such task. Are you getting any problem further then feel free to post me your issues after this...

question Satio Firmware install from scratch

I am getting your points and I will do the same as you suggested but for installation of that firmware, I need to have some steps and I am not sure about the proper way of installing that . May be if I gonna try to do without any information then I can get some problems. Just tell me one thing, I can't install new firmware, and why you are only suggesting about this...By the way thanks for your suggestions and replying soon..If you have any proper guidelines to install that then please let me know. How to do it ????

For such procedure, you need to do as follows :

1. Go to: C:\Program Files\Sony Ericsson\Update Service\ and remove the db folder

2. Run SEUS and start updating your Satio

3. Download the custom pack named as Satio debranding, you can get it from the Sony website in firmware update section.

4. After downloading the zip file, open the archive. Choose the file that corresponds to the region you desired to unbrand .

5. Go to: C:\Program Files\Sony Ericsson\Update Service\db\13740270\blob_fs and sort the stored files in ascending order. Find a file that is about 370bytes in size.

6. Copy it's file name and rename the file that you have selected in step 4. Copy the renamed file to blob_fs folder.

7. Now update you Satio via Update Service

8. Turn your phone into on mode , it will either show the following message: Info Software Setup is not true. If it does then continue, if it doesn't then continue aswell from step 9.

9. Update your Satio now for the last time

10. Done, your Satio is now unbranded.

Hello and thanks. I did the same that you told me to do and getting some error at every moments and also getting failed to complete the updating procedure.I have downloaded the suggested files from the proper locations and started the updates but i have balls its up, the update gets terminated in the middle of the processing , the phone now not getting turn on? red light when comes up when I connect the device in to charge, Do you have any more suggestion, I am at the loss and how to get back my phone without any issues. Help me ????

There may be some issues with your battery and you have to be sure that you are running with the proper charging of battery and in case if you have charged your battery fully then you need to pull out your battery from the phone and then insert that again. And check the battery indication that Wasn't the battery charged enough?

You can also make sure to use the same battery with another phone and then come on your phone and start the update process inserting your battery within your phone.

Hi, I am running with such a big stuck. I had it for charging for an hour and tried again according to your suggestion, pull out the battery etc, but nothing happened. Red light when connected in to charger and will powered on - white screen with Sony that's it would not completely come on.

I have set it back on charge just to double check will try again in hour. but no luck there , light red on when plugged to cable, tries removing battery etc. Do you have any more ideas ?

Re: Satio Firmware install from scratch

Did you work out tihs problem?

I have the exact same problem now.

Cheers Jason

Quote Originally Posted by syd_03 View Post
    Did you work out tihs problem?

I have the exact same problem now.

Cheers Jason
    Actually, debranding satio mobile phone creates a lots of issue like crashing of the phone, hanging at regular intervals and so on. There was a tutorial given by Lollylost100 on the se-nse.net forums which is disclaimed by him for copywrite protection that you can try, but you should do it on your own risk.

Wel my phone is not debranded, I purchced 2 weeks ago and tried to install lated firmware, it stopped halway through the update and now won t turn on.

Beahave exactly as Nimmi Mathen descibes.

How can i fix it?

Have you followed the method described by Pugsly on how to install firmware on Satio phone? You will usually get an update when it is approved and it is usually available on the website within minutes of it being approved. As soon as we have any information we will update you all accordingly. You can read more information from here - http://developer.sonyericsson.com/co.../docs/DOC-3219

I don't want to unbrand my mobile. I jsut want to get it fixed. It doesnt even turn on at the moment or charge, so how can I do the update. I was doing and update and it failed halfway though.

You need to format the phone completely. All you need to do is to check out for the desired aspects to be functioned. You can take the device to the service center and then perform for the flashing device. This will really help you out and make the changes that is needed. It will surely let you to get to a proper solution.