Thread: DLNA on Samsung Blu-ray BD-C5500 and BD-C6500

DLNA on Samsung Blu-ray BD-C5500 and BD-C6500

I have seen this problem on both Samsung BD-C5500 as well as BD-C6500. I have a Linux box as a DLNA server running mediatomb. Though i can play mp3s, vob, mp4 files without any problems but it is just that i am not able to stop, ff, rw or pause. Does my DLNA need some settings for doing this? Is there anybody having the same problem, Or you better post me a good solutions for this.

Re: DLNA on Samsung Blu-ray BD-C5500 and BD-C6500

Ohh great!!! I have found one partner who has exactly the same issue as i have on my samsung blu ray player. Actually i have got very much strange answers for this issue. It is much necessary to have theses controls over the menu in fact on the display screen so that you do not have to worry about fast forwarding or rewinding the portions which you like the most. Anyways i have made my finger crossed and hope that will be getting a solution here.

I have gone through many forums discussing about the same issue which you both guys are facing on your blu ray player. I have observed that this seems to be a firmware issue which could not be solved unless you upgrade your firmware. Actually it has been not provided in the firmware itself so you would not be getting it by doing any of the settings.

Here you have got a guy with the latest firmware updates. Even after updating the firmware of my blu ray player, I was having an options for fast forwarding the rewinding but it was not working so it was not much useful effort. Anyways at least i have got an option to stop and pause my videos which is enough for playing the movies. And yes, Now AccuWeather application works with this new firmware. You guys can find out something for fast forwarding / Rewinding regarding the new firmware.

It seems to be broken AAC audio support in the new firmware of Samsung bluray players. I was testing it by using the mp4 file and have found that Audio was neither working with the DLNA nor with an usb which in fact has been plugged directly in it. VOB files are always being playing but i got the directors comment audio track which was not fixed in the latest firmware.

I guess i have found more simpler solution for you. Actually even i have faced this kind of problems but it has been solved now as i have downloaded Servioo Media Server. There are many files on the network which does not play but they can be played by using Servioo Media now. You may use this on your computer as well.

suoying14 Guest

I like use converter to rip an Blu-ray movies ,cause it must be more stable.like
    Aunsoft iMedia Converter,I like it very much.