Thread: Copy DVD and change Volume "Label" properties

Copy DVD and change Volume "Label" properties

I have recorder one DVD which is in fact burned by the Panasonic stand-alone unit. But when i am trying to use this DVD on my computer system then it is written "DVD_VIDEO_RECORDER" as a name of my DVD. I have not idea who have set this but it looks like a default name for writing the DVDs. Whatever it could be but i am not able to change the label name of this CD by using Roxio Disc Copier, How should i do it now?

Re: Copy DVD and change Volume "Label" properties

DVD which you have written by using Panasonic camcorder is getting read by your computer i guess. You have simple way by which you can change the label name of your recorder DVD and yes it is default name which you have for your panasonic dvd. First of all copy all the content of that dvd to your hard disk and then give whatever name you want to give for the copy of that DVD data.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

I think you have to copy that all content of your DVD and then use Nero to burn those all content on to the normal CD. I have given you the link from where you can download the Nero BackItUp & Burn 1.2 which is just good software for the task which you wish to do with your DVD data. Click on the name of the Nero BackItUp & Burn to download it.

I think the DVD which you have already burned up would not be able to make the changes in it unless it is rewritable disc. Actually you can only change the properties or a content of the DVDs which are allowed to rewrite the content presented on the DVD. Make sure that the DVD which you have burned is a rewritable one, If it is not then there are no softwares which do this for your.

No matter if any software is not able the change the label properties of your Panasonic DVD as you just have to put back that dvd in the panasonic recorder and then see that is it still recordable disc or not and if it is not then i you can not change the label name of your DVD. And if it allows you to record then you must search out an option in the recorder itself which would be having properties of the DVD currently inserted in it.

I think you should use only Nero to do any changes regarding the burning the DVDs with number of different options. I have provided the source where you can easily find out the link from where you can download the Nero 9. It has some simple options where you can change the DVDs propertied by just doing couple of clicks. Click on the name of Nero 9 to download it.

You got so much options by which you can change the label name of your DVD but most of them would only be working if you have used rewritable disc. And i guess you have to change the name of the copy of the DVD which you take on your computer system. As next time if you would be using the same folder to copy the next dvd which you have made by using the same Panasonic recorder then it would get replaced by the older one as it would be having the same name unless you have not changed default name of your dvd in the panasonic recorder.