Thread: Toshiba Satellite A500-02J Problems

Toshiba Satellite A500-02J Problems

I am facing some weird issues with the Toshiba Satellite A500-02J laptop which I have bought recently. The operating system on the laptop is Windows 7. The problem which I am facing is the laptop freezes randomly when working. The screen laptop goes blank while working and then system freezes. I am not able to figure out what is causing such problem and hence need your help. So if anybody is facing similar Toshiba Satellite A500-02J Problems then please suggest some solutions. Thanks in advance.

Re: Toshiba Satellite A500-02J Problems

The operating system on the computer must not be working properly. Lot of files are associated to the operating system of the computer. If any of the files of the operating system is corrupt or missing then the operating system will not work properly. Insert the installation disk of the operating system and boot the system from the disk. Start the Windows repair wizard and let the procedure complete. After completing the procedure, check if the laptop is working properly or not.

According to me it is an overheating issue. Any process or application which is executed on the computer, some amount of heat is generated by the CPU. If temperature of the CPU reaches the threshold level then it shuts itself down for preventing damage to the computer. Therefore check if the cooling fans of the laptop are working properly or not. Clean the laptop cooling fan as dust can block the airflow in the system. After cleaning the cooling fan, check the performance of the computer.

Check if there are any power settings configured on the laptop. Windows 7 has lot of power saving features in it. If you have accidentally activated any power saving settings then the system will give problems similar to the one you are facing. Hence check all the power management options of the laptop and revert all the settings to default. Save and apply the settings. Restart the computer and then see if the same problem persists or not.

Almost all the laptops face the problem with residual charge storage. Residual charge gets stored near the RAM chips. If the voltage of the residual charge reaches threshold level then the system will not be able to access the RAM chips which will lead to system not working properly. To bring the laptop back to the working state, you will have to clear the residual charge which is stored. To clear the residual charge, shut down the laptop and remove the battery. Press and hold the power button for about 30 seconds. Replace the battery and see if the laptop works properly or not.

As the laptop is new, I would suggest that take the laptop to the authorised service center and get the laptop checked. All the Toshiba laptops are covered with one year warranty which gets avoided if the device has undergone any physical damage. Hence take the laptop to the service center and get it checked. If the laptop is faulty, it will be replaced for free.

Thanks for replying to the post really fast. As suggested I cleared the residual charge from the laptop and tried to boot the system. After clearing the residual charge from the laptop, the laptop is working properly. The performance of the laptop also has improved significantly after clearing the residual charge.

Chasey
    Its the 7th of may,Is your laptop still runnig good?I am thinking of purchasing the same laptop.Wondering if good idea?Thks

Quote Originally Posted by Chasey View Post
    Thanks for replying to the post really fast. As suggested I cleared the residual charge from the laptop and tried to boot the system. After clearing the residual charge from the laptop, the laptop is working properly. The performance of the laptop also has improved significantly after clearing the residual charge.
    Chasey Is laptop still working good?Its may/2011.I am thinking of picking one up.Used that is.Thks

Chasey
    Its the 7th of may,Is your laptop still runnig good?I am thinking of purchasing the same laptop.Wondering if good idea?Thks
    Yes it’s still working nice for me. As I stated that: The performance of the laptop also has improved significantly after clearing the residual charge. But the thing is now I am not using that, I just give it to my brother and he is still using the same laptop without any issue.

Thanks for reply,Did you have to take battery out anymore times and hold down power button?Thks

No i don't feel any need of doing the same because my laptop is running find without removing the battery again and again. and i hope that you will also get the prime support from yours.

Thks Chasey