Thread: Problem Connecting HDTV to Laptop

Problem Connecting HDTV to Laptop

I have recently purchased a 46" 6000 series HDTV and I am try to connect to it my Toshiba laptop for displaying the contents of Laptop on my TV connection. I am doing this through VGA cable between TV and Toshiba laptop. I think VGA is the compatible connection method.

I am able to see the desktop background but that it nothing else can be seen I mean no icons and no cursor. My laptop is working fine but unable to do anything on the TV screen, except watching the scenery of the desktop on my TV.

Can anyone assist for the problem of connecting HDTV to Laptop?

Thanks,

Re: Problem Connecting HDTV to Laptop

This may be because your television is showing extended desktop. If you open a Word document or IE browser, you can drag it from the main screen to the TV screen.

So if you want to mirror, or use the TV as the primary device, you will have to right-click the desktop, select Properties, then Settings tab, then click "OK." If you see your main screen, the numbers 1 and 2 on your TV, then you use the extended desktop settings. Depending on your graphics card, drivers or software, you should easily be able to change this.
    This will surely help.

You are absolutely correct. I can drag to the right of the window open and start in the TV monitor shows.

Then I found the graphics card display settings, found that "Extended Desktop" is selected. I changed the setting to "laptops and monitors," now the notebook and monitors are completely repeated.

Thanks again!

I have a Samsung high-definition television and one VAIO notebook . Just bought a VGA cable and connect everything. But I do not know how to do? I tried laptop set or HDTV settings? I do not have a clue. I think I just need to continue to ext1 or ext2, but nothing is happening.
    I do not know why, my TV is not working in PC mode?
    I even have a booklet, tell me the source of information to the menu, choose PC, but some people are slow, which means, I can not select it.

Any ideas?

You need to make your laptop via VGA cable to send video. If you have a VAIO, you most likely have an Nvidia card. Go to Control Panel and open the NVIDIA Control Panel.

From there you need to find a number of options, such as multiple displays that kind of thing "nView" Find that your laptop must have for your HDTV, you can select the option to send the same image to two screens or just one of them.
    If your card is not NVIDIA, you should look for similar options in your graphics card manufacturer's control panel.

Sorry, if this is a bit confusing, but in many different menu cards are different, I do not know if you like.

Once you have done this, you can go to your PC MODE, because your laptop to the video signal sent to the TV.