Thread: Canon Powershot A480 Vs Sony Cybershot DSC-T90

Canon Powershot A480 Vs Sony Cybershot DSC-T90

Hello friends,

I have to purchase digital camera for my personal use. One of my friend suggested me to take either Canon Powershot A480 or Sony Cybershot DSC-T90. Both these mobile comprises awesome features. But problem is that I am not able to decide which is the best digital camera between these two. If you have suggestions over Canon Powershot A480 and Sony Cybershot DSC-T90, then please don't hesitate to share it me. I will appreciate your any help.

Re: Canon Powershot A480 Vs Sony Cybershot DSC-T90

The Sony Cybershot DSC-T90 capture the perfect shot with ease with the Intelligent Auto (iAuto) mode. Automatically determining the optimised settings for different scenes, iAuto mode combines the innovative technologies of Intelligent Scene Recognition, Face Detection and Smile shutter to ensure that every shot is perfect, regardless of the shooting environment.

I suggest you to refer following features of the Canon Powershot A480:
    • Camera Resolution: 10.0 MP
    • Shutter speed: 1/60 to 1/2000sec
    • Imaging Processor: DIGIC III
    • Storage Media: SD, SDHC memory card
    • Dimension: 92.1x62.0x31.1 mm

I suggest you to buy Canon Powershot A480 than Sony Cybershot DSC-T90. This canon digital camera supports 4x digital zoom as well as4 x optical zoom. This camera integrated with 2.5 inches LCD display. It based upon the CCD sensor. This digital camera has capability to capture video at the rate of 30 frames per second.

I am having the Sony Cybershot DSC-T90, review following it's details:
    1. Image Sensor: CCD
    2. Image Processor: BIONZ
    3. Camera Lens: Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar
    4. Focal Length: 6.18 to 24.7mm
    5. Display Screen: 3.0 inches

techpeddu Guest

Naughty Re: Canon Powershot A480 Vs Sony Cybershot DSC-T90

The obvious difference between these two cameras when it comes to features is the touch screen of the Cybershot DSC T90 and the viewfinder of the IXUS 100 IS. In order to fit in the viewfinder Canon has had to go with a smaller 2.5 inch LCD screen. As you can see the IXUS 100 IS also offers a superior macro mode allowing you to get in much closer to your subject. Compared to other brands, both Sony and Canon tend to include a few extra features here and there. For example with this camera Sony allow you to zoom in and out while shooting a movie. Canon offers greater flexibility when it comes to flash options, plus other extras such as having access to a range of colour options.

As with the majority of digital cameras offered by these companies both cameras give you the option of increasing the amount of zoom available in exchange for reducing the number of megapixels when you take a photo.

Design

The Cybershot DSC T90 is the slimmer of the two cameras. In fact it is slimmer than just about any digital camera being only 15mm wide. The IXUS 100 IS is not exactly wide either at 18.4mm wide. The two cameras look completely different. The Sony model has a very sleek look. This is accentuated by a sliding lens cover. Canon has also produced a very stylish camera albeit with a more traditional style.

Start Up and Shutter Lag

Start up and shutter lag times are very similar although the Cybershot DSC T90 is a fair bit faster once flash is turned on.

Power Supply

Both cameras run on lithium ion batteries. Batteries and chargers are supplied as standard.

Picture Quality

In this key area I think the IXUS 100 IS has the edge. I felt it produced sharper photos and did very well in my close up test.

Ease of Use

Both cameras are easy enough to use. I find the extra features compared to other pocket cameras can take a while to fully understand. Obviously the Cybershot DSC T90 has the touch controlled screen. This means that you are able to see more settings on the LCD screen. This can make changing the settings that bit quicker, but I do not feel this makes a substantial difference to the overall operation. At the end of the day it comes down to how you prefer to control a camera.

Verdict

If you are looking purely from the point of picture quality then the Canon IXUS 100 IS takes the honours in my book. Against that many people will much prefer the touch control option and this could certainly swing the decision in favour of the Sony Cybershot DSC T90.

If I were you I would have selected Canon Powershot A480 because of it's advanced features. The image clarity over this camera is amazing with the help of 'DIGIC III' image processor. This digital camera is compatible with most of the storage media such as HC MMCplus card, SDHC, SD memory card. It's battery can take 200 shots at single charge.

Comparison between Canon Powershot A480 and Sony Cybershot DSC-T90:
    • Camera Resolution:
      Canon Powershot A480: 10.0
      Sony Cybershot DSC-T90: 12.1
    • Digital Zoom:
      Canon Powershot A480: 4x
      Sony Cybershot DSC-T90: 8x
    • Display:
      Canon Powershot A480: 2.5 inches
      Sony Cybershot DSC-T90: 3.0 inches