Thread: Samsung BD-C5500 Blu Ray-Slow network connection

Samsung BD-C5500 Blu Ray-Slow network connection

I am having the Samsung BD-C5500 BluRay player and i have connected it to the Apple Time Capsule device using the Ethernet/LAN cable. I have set the auto mode so the IP address and other things are detected and set automatically. But the speed test shows the "Slow network connection". The speed should be over 1.5Mbps and i am getting the average speed of 800 Kbps. So what can i do for fixing this issue.

Re: Samsung BD-C5500 Blu Ray-Slow network connection

I think this is the bandwidth issue of your Internet connection. May be you are having the low speed internet connection may be 1Mbps internet plan. So that it why you are getting the slow network connection issue with the Samsung BD-C5500 BluRay player connected to the Time Capsule using the LAN cable. So I will recommend you to take the higher speed internet plan.

You have mentioned that you have set the mode of IP and other addresses to the automatic detection mode. So it is possible that the Samsung BD-C5500 Bluray player is not getting the proper IP address because of which this issue is coming in picture. So contact the ISP or refer the user guide of the bluray player for the help on this topic regarding the network connection.

I want to know that, are you sharing the internet connection at your place with other devices like the laptops, desktops etc along with this Samsung BD-C5500 bluray player connected to the Apple Time Capsule. If it is so, then the internet bandwidth getting distributed to all the devices connected to the internet. So disconnect other devices connected on the internet and try again.

For playing the internet television using the Samsung BD-C5500 Blu Ray player it should be connected properly to the internet and it should get the proper bandwidth for downloading. So it will be better if you will connect the player only to the internet and not any other device. So the bandwidth will not be shared in may devices. This will resolve the problem.