Thread: HT BD3252 having an issue with HDMI cable.

HT BD3252 having an issue with HDMI cable.

I have bought a new Samsung HT-BD3252 Home Theater System which i have tried connecting with the samsung LN52A650A1F. Blue ray play without any problems but when i connected my Sci-Fi box thru HDMI and then chose HDMI 1, It keep on giving me signal then no signal intermittently. I have no problem using cable box directly to the TV. What could be issue over here, Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Re: HT BD3252 having an issue with HDMI cable.

I think the problem would be with the HDMI cable itself as this seems to be working as you are trying to connect only cable box with your Samsung TV. There should not be any problem with the TV or a cable box and it is but obvious that you can connect it with the TV, It is not a hardware compatibility as well.

I am having an UN46B6000 LED TV and have tried using HT-BD3252 with it but does not works. It seems similar to your problem as even i am getting an intermittent messaged for signals. I have tried selecting the BD/DVD instead of HDMI 1 setting but it did not worked as well. How do i use my surround system now.

I think the problem would be with the Sci-Fi box as i have seen the same problem on my Samsung TV and then after contacting with the customer care of my Sci-fi box, Came to know that the persisting problem was because of something wrong with the Sci-fi box. They have switch out the Sci-fi box and now everything is working just fine.

I have found that it is a HDCP issue as i guess my TV was not supporting for the HDCP which refuses to send video through HDMI cable.
    Finally i got the solution that you have to disconnect the all the HDMIs from the HT BD3253 when your Samsung is still ON, switch it OFF and again turn on it after couple of minutes and then plug in all the HDMI calbles.

I have faced this problem and i think it gets solved by buying a new 3-to-1 HDMI switch. Actually this switch acts as a interferer between the HDCP handshaking and keeps the HDCP validity alive. I have bought a Mediabridge which costs you around 20 to 30 bucks. Now it should be working.