Thread: BD-P1600 Firmware Upgrade Failed

BD-P1600 Firmware Upgrade Failed

I have the Samsung BD-P1600 Blu-ray. It is connected to my home network through a network cable connected to a wireless bridge. Last night, I turned the player, and a message to update the firmware flashed on the screen. Because I do not update on the wireless bridge, I canceled the screen, downloaded the firmware on the computer and transfer it to a USB flash drive, put the disc into the drive, and made in the process of upgrading the firmware from the USB drive. The problem is the message on the Blu-ray has been stuck on "USB-Up" for more than 30 minutes. I finally decided it was caught in some kind of loop and tried to drive off. No function worked and I could not turn it off. I finally disconnected. Well, you guessed it right now it does not respond to all commands and sends no signal image on television.

There is anything that I can do to fix this problem or answer to the question why BD-P1600 Firmware Upgrade Failed

Re: BD-P1600 Firmware Upgrade Failed

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this problem.

You can try pressing the FF button for 12 seconds to see if it has enough of an operating system to boot.

Since you can not see it, or run it, that is the reason you have to wait about 30 seconds, then press the OK button on the remote control if prompted, and then let the update for about 15 minutes. If it goes out, you must repeat the process with the same drive.

Otherwise, it may be best to replace it.

Thanks for the reply,

Tried the suggestions you have said. Also tried to burn a new CD and then tried to see if it could work. No video whatsoever, and I am not able to operate the USB drive or CD. The functions to displays such as On, Off, load, open and close, and I can open / close the DVD tray with the remote, but that's all.

Is there a key combination I can press to force the machine to update from CD or USB, because "some" functions seem to work?

Mine BD-P1600 is connected through hardwire to my home network. The first time I turned my BD-P1600 on it gave me a software update, which I accepted. It took a long time, but he succeeded and after the upgrade, I now have new features such as You-Tube and Blockbuster.

Last night I went to use my BD-P1600 and a new software update that has been offered. I agreed and now my drive does not respond exactly like what you have described. The firmware update has indicated that it was successful. Now when I turn on my BD-P1600, I do not get a menu screen, but rather a background with a blue band of blue and white bubbles. The LCD displays "LOAD" even if there is no disk in the tray. Nothing seems to have this player in this mode. I have the power of unity bike many times but nothing works. I have to believe that the firmware update broke my BD-P1600.

I am having a similar problem.

Last night I tried to update firmware wirelessly and things seemed to go fine, but it took a long time so I went to bed. Today, I saw that the player was displaying "LOAD", but did not answer. I tried to turn off and on the drive and the only thing that can be displayed 'blue bubble' screen on the Samsung TV, but nothing more than that. I tried pressing "FF" on the player and remote and nothing but the "LOAD" message. Can you explain these procedures in more detail than I am not sure what "OK" you speak of the remote: do you mean "Enter"? One more thing I will like to tell you that the firmware update may have ransacked our machines?

I tried everything and nothing worked. I can somewhat understand a firmware upgrade failing if updating through wireless, but failing when updating through a USB flash drive connected directly to the machine? Something else seems to be going on here.
    Now I have send the machine to the service center for the repairing purpose. If anybody else is facing the similar problem then I will suggest you to do the same .

Ok

had the EXACT situation occur was ready to bring it down and buy another one.(warranty over)
    Then I called a Samsung tech

said to go to menu choose display try a resolution at 780, the reset or factory had it at 1080P

worked fine . then we set it at 1080i and everything is fine. Seems there is a compatibilty problem with samsung blu ray and a diffrent manufacturer for the tv, i have a sony tv. Try changing the resolution and see if that helps. DVD will not display when the player is set to 1080P but works fine in all other resolutions.