Thread: "Not Available"

"Not Available"

I have recently purchased a Samsung LN40C630K1F LCD TV, along with a Samsung HW-C450 sound bar, and a Samsung BDC6500XAA Blu-ray player. I have turned of the main speakers permanently, which means that I am only using the sound bar. The situation that I am facing is that I get the message of "Not Available", when I the try to increase or decrease the volume. I am not able to understand why this is happening. Please help me with all possible suggestions and comments.

Re: "Not Available"

Hello there, make sure that you are using the correct remote, that is of the sound bar itself. This is because, if you are trying to use the remote of any other component of the system, that is disabled, then you can get a message of "Not Available". So, just make sure about the same and let me know if you are trying with the correct remote. I am waiting for your reply.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I suppose that there is a need for the firmware update. If you are using some old components along with the new ones, then the "Not Available" message can be popped out. So, you will have to get rid of all such components and get the new ones. If you are not able to get any improvement, then it will be better if you contact the people from where you have bought the system. They will be able to tell you what is going wrong.

Hello again, thank or for taking time for replying to my issue. Well, I use the same remote for the TV as well as the player because they work fine and I dont like to keep on switching between remotes. So, I am using the same for the sound bar too. At that time, I am getting the message of "Not Available". I am also using the latest components, so I doubt is there is a need for any firmware updation.

You have to remember that different remotes are made to support the specific components. One remote cannot help you to work out for some other component. The exception is that some sort of setting must be given for the same. I suppose that such a setting is not available for the sound bar and that is why, you are getting the "Not Available" message. So, try using the same remote that is available for the sound bar. I think that it is the only solution for this issue.