Thread: HT-BD1220 MKV streaming problems

HT-BD1220 MKV streaming problems

I have my HT-BD1220 connected to my Samsung LED and everything is going fine. Except some annoying problem, especially related to the MKV streaming through the wireless adapter (all following issues do not generates while playing from USB or disk)

1. Large MKV's do play properly, until they suddenly stop at approx 1hour and 15 minutes. The machine frequently came back to the main menu. I have installed the latest firmware 2.13, but no satisfaction.

2. You can't fast forward MKV files when streaming from computer.

Integration of above makes it impossible to watch mkv's that are broad than one hour. I have seen so many users on the internet having same issue. Will it be fixed in any upcoming firmware update?

1. Not every file types are compatible, and you might find out the errors to be sure that the video codec, audio codec and resolution are all supported. If they are not, the video can stop at any time.

If this becomes during streaming process, there may be a limitation in the router,like session timing out or it could be the TV, but I am not sure why streaming would consistently cut out, but it would work on a USB or a disc.

2. FF/REW features are not compatible with entire file types. You also can find out the same in the manual.

As a advice, you may need to rethinking about your stance on streaming. I am talking hypothetically here since I have not checked wifi streaming now (waiting for my adapter in the mail), but what I am proposing is zipping your video instead of having completely uncompressed content. There maybe my TV is just too small (46") but I play my zipped content from a hard disk and it appears as fine.

First of all, I will say thanks to all the frequent feedback. I considered about your suggestions and did some annoying operation what I was able to do. Although in last, I found that it is not really solution of the issue. I think the support of the codecs of the file is not issue, as they do play fine with the connection of USB stick. I will try to find out if it is maybe a session time out in the router.

Regards

Rastogi........

There is another way through that you solve your problem and would be much helpful than others suggestion , I think and you need to try this once. You have to split .mkv file into chunks smaller than 4 GB each (with mkvmerge for example), and then try to Play/FF/Rew. Now you can away from the streaming issues.. OK