Thread: HP TouchSmart PC IQ804 doesn't read SD card

HP TouchSmart PC IQ804 doesn't read SD card

Hello friends,
    I am having HP TouchSmart PC IQ804 in which an operating system installed is Windows Vista Home Premium Genuine 64-bit edition with Service Pack 1. I am having an issue while reading SD card. Whenever I insert the SD card in my system, it doesn't read it. I have tried to many things but nothing is working.!! So please help me to sort out this problem.!!

Re: HP TouchSmart PC IQ804 doesn't read SD card

Many models of card readers for PCs does not work with the formats "high capacity". For example, it is possible that a memory card reader capable of reading Secure Digital (SD) 1GB may not read SDHC cards to 16GB. It is possible that the computer hangs when a SDHC card is inserted into a drive not compatible with this type of card. To address immediate blocking, double-click the Remove Hardware Safely (in the System Tray in the lower right corner of the screen), select the USB card reader, and then click Stop. The card reader will not work until the computer is not restarted. You can now remove the memory card safely and use the computer for other activities.

Follow these steps to use your higher capacity memory card without causing blockage of the computer :
    • If you use the card in a camera or other device, you can connect the device to the computer using a USB or FireWire. Once connected, most devices appear in Windows as a removable disk and can be used in the same way as a card reader.
    S.P.A.M=Stupid Posts And Message

You can also do the following thing :
    • Use a reading device USB memory sticks that can be connected to any open USB port. Make sure that the USB device can read SDHC cards. These devices are inexpensive and can be used on any computer with a USB port.

The following steps explain how to use memory cards in a card reader :
    1. Insert a memory card when the drive indicator does not blink. You can insert multiple memory cards at the same time, one per unit.
    2. The memory card is associated with a drive letter, like a DVD drive or hard disk. Use the memory card like any other drive on the computer. For example, double-click the icon for the memory card to open a new window showing the files on the card.
    3. When you've finished working with files on a memory card, click the right mouse button on the icon of the card and select Eject. Make sure the light on the memory card reader does not light or blink when you remove the card from the slot.

The memory card readers are devices that use the Remove Hardware icon safely on the notification area of the taskbar. Do not click Stop in the window Remove the device safely. You could indeed disconnect card reader Windows. If this occurs, restart the computer to reset the memory card reader.

Try another memory card of the same type in the same dwelling. If this memory card works, it means that the card reader works correctly. If you use Media Center, remove the memory card, maximize the Media Center window, and then reinsert the memory card. Turn off the computer, disconnect the power cord and press for five seconds on the power button on the front of the computer. Reconnect the power cord and turn on the computer to test drive.