Thread: HP BD-2000 Blu-ray Disc Player

HP BD-2000 Blu-ray Disc Player

I am working from 40 years in the software installation/support business. I never raised any claimed to be a hardware expert. However, I am unable to consider why I am having such a issue with this gear. I guided the installation directions properly. I am unable to get this to work with my TV. I have Comcast cable. I thought that this was immaterial to the task of hooking up the HP BD-2000. It does not have any record function, it is only for playing discs. I have a Samsung TV also. Is there anybody hooked one of these things up and find it functioning? I am really frustrated.

In order to connections, you should plug the player with HDMI to the audio amp's HDMI input, and plug the audio amp's HDMI output to the TV.
    I got it in my TV manual that the TV's digital audio out is "dumbed down" to stereo or lower-fi to satisfy some wrong HDCP copyright problems. By connecting the player to the amp first, you find the good and possible sound. The digital TV out is OK to have normal TV programs getting from coax cable, say, to hear the sound from your amp speakers.

You requires to tell your receiver to choose the HDMI input. I am not sure that type you have, so can't be much specific. I am thinking it's not a Yamaha like mine, the guidelines are completely hard to get actually in the comparison to the HP BD player anyway.

On my amp, when I have properly assigned the input, a HDMI light comes on in the amp display. Once you got the amp taken care of, you requires to tell your TV to display you the input from the HDMI connector you have with the cable coming from the amp.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

I got your question and I am having some situation that is close to your problem . My receiver is a Denon AVR 3805 and it is a bugger to configure it. We literally going to be crazy trying to hook up the home theater system with our Paradigms. So By the way, truly we can keep trying and get this Blu-ray hooked up properly..
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I would try to find another HDMI player for minimal usage, from a friend or neighbor, and try with that. It might sound obvious, but you only find that three possibilities that can be the culprit: the player, cable or TV. So swapping components is the easiest method to find out where the issue is getting occurred.

If you move to a neighbor to borrow his computer, you need to come up your computer as well as cable and try it at his place to determine if it works there.