Thread: HP Pavillion dv6330ea displays horizontal lines on screen

HP Pavillion dv6330ea displays horizontal lines on screen

I have bought a HP Pavillion dv 6000 before few months and i have installed windows vista operating system. Surprisingly it has started working in a strange sense. There are horizontal white and grey lines displaying on my screen. Where could be the problem as i do not think that there would be something wrong with the Monitor, It would be costing me really hard as it is not under warranty.

Re: HP Pavillion dv6330ea displays horizontal lines on screen

I do not think there should be any kind of problem with the monitor and for checking the same you should go trying your monitor on some other computer system. If it gets started then you can at least get out of tension that your Monitor have not damaged and it can work perfectly.

There could be something wrong with the display drivers installed on your windows vista operating system. Actually it could happen if your computer system have infected by any viruses which have affected your windows drivers. You should reinstall the Windows vista drivers but make sure that you install the drivers of what version of windows you are using on laptop.

I think you should try booting your windows operating system in a safe mode and check that is it happening in the safe mode as well or not. You have to restart your computer then keep on pressing the F8 key which will take you to the Windows Booting options. Though if your monitor would be working then this screen will be displaying well. Then you may go further booting in safe mode.

This seems to be the problem with your Monitor screen if there is no issue of windows drivers. In most of the cases, Display drivers causes this issue but as if it is not getting cleared after reinstalling the new drivers then you should directly contact with the dealer from where you have bought this laptop. Or you may contact with the HP Service Center.

I think there could be some loose connections on the motherboard which is resulting in the weird display screen. Inverter could also be the problem for this kind of issue. If you can see the bios screen every time you power on the laptop then definitely it is not an issue regarding the hardware.