Thread: Samsung 46" LCD - Internet sound to receiver

Samsung 46" LCD - Internet sound to receiver

Hi everyone,

I need to know some information about the connection of peripherals. What connections do I use to get sound through my receiver when I purchase movies through their widgets ? Also, I want produced sound when I connect my latptop through HDMI? None of the jacks are clearly marked.?????????

Before starting to do anything, we need some thing that can help us to solve your issues.You have described that what you need and which type of connection, you requires to establish here.But let me know "What audio input options do you have on your receiver? and also let me introduce about the TV that you have and tell me Also, which model TV do you have? Please provide these required information then after I can be able to provide the information.

I think you need to try this and enable the Audio Settings for a TV and then you can be able to find that you need to get.

1- Click on Start menu.
    2- Choose Control Panel from the list of components.
    3- Now choose and click on the Sound.
    4- From the Sound section, click the Playback tab.

NOTE: The default playback device is pointed with a green check mark.
    If the HDMI device is not configured as the default device then select it and click on the Set Default button, click OK.Just be sure to reset it to spakers/headphone after you disconnect the HDMI cable.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Hello sir,

Thanks for your kind replies and I am glad to know that my question is considered by you all. I have the TV which specifies the model number as LN46875DU1FXZA 240hz and My receiver has three open inputs and all of them are RCA jacks. Standard audio/video inputs. It's an ONKYO 701 series receiver.The outputs on the TV are what I requires the help with.

Any advise is appreciated.

On pre-ATI Radeon 2000 series video cards, the DVI output of the video card distributes video only. To connect such kind of video card to an HDMI-supported DTV, you require a DVI-to-HDMI adapter and an HDMI cable to supply video to your DTV. You must also create a another connection from the audio output of your PC to the audio input of your HDMI-supported DTV. And you stated your laptop's Video Card: ATI Radeon X1270 so you will require another cable for sound and that should also be based on what sound chip you have in your system. Some had trouble with vista in the past year or so....
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"